“A little gem, not to be missed”
Review of Tookta's Cafe

Tookta's Cafe
Ranked #83 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$6 - US$13
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tookta's authentic Thai cafe` and restaurant offers cuisine of a high standard ,many dishes originating from my own contemporary style ideas and recipes. A family friendly cafe`, Tookta caters for everyone. Spicy, mild, the lot. The customer is our number one priority and Tookta cooks to satisfy everyone's tastes. With a lifetime experience of fine thai food, which some of you may have already encountered at Tookta's Sunday Menu, The Office pub, sydney street, Brighton. Tookta is expert in using only fresh ingredients of the highest quality available. So Come along to Tookta's cafe` and experience the fine, Thai cuisine for yourself!
“A little gem, not to be missed”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Great food and amazingly good value. Plentiful servings and the staff are brittiant

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Devilsdyke

Cardiff
“simply the best Thai meal I have ever eaten”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

This place is so cute with only small amount of tables. From entering to leaving the staff were so friendly. The menu might only be small but every dish sounded so delicous that I had trouble making my mind up about what to order. I love spicy food so I asked if the dish I selected could have some chilli in and that was no problem. Had a little wait for the food as they were cooking some takeaways but they brought us some complimentary freshly made prawn crackers with a chilli dip so we did not mind.The main course was a huge portion with quality fresh organic produce - simply the best Thai meal I have ever eaten amazing flavours. The chef came out to speak to us at the end - she was so friendly and was overwhelmed by our compliments. Wished I lived in Brighton so I could experience more of this delicous food. Also excellent value for money.

1 Thank Blues1927
Launceston, United Kingdom
“High ranking on Trip Advisor is truly justified”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

When any establishment retains a high ranking on here for a considerable time, it's only right that it needs to be visited to see if all the hype is true!
In this case - it certainly is.
Small restaurant, and simple menu, but plenty of choice for even the most demanding of customers. Service was friendly and efficient, food excellent & prices reasonable. What more could anyone ask?

1 Thank timmy9765
london
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This was a wonderful evening with a funny and attentive owner/chef/everything.
there was 6 of us and even the pickiest of eaters was pleased.

i had the chilli squid and the Green curry both wonderfully flavoured and cooked.

small but perfect restaurant

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Simply excellent...........”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have been to many Thai restaurants in Brighton over the years, and we always seem to go to the same one, however on this occasion someone recommended Tooktas Cafe on tripadvisor, and I am so glad we did. A table for 6 in this very small but quaint space, a BIG smile greated you as you came through the door, like they have known you for years. Orders taken with a smile, suggestions on what to have was given, I always go for the Massaman beef, but offered Duck and a little more chilli. The food arrived and it was amazing, the best I have ever tried and I mean the best.......proper home cooked food prepared by the chef who also owns the restaurant/ cafe. We all drank loads and ate loads, it was a shame we had to leave, but we will be back in a years time, and we will make this our first port of call. Don't go to any other till you give this a try......simply amazing !!!!!!

1 Thank M2bfx