Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Colin A

Would happily visit again

Review of The Lanes Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Mar 2, 2024
I stayed in the Lanes Hotel for a week in February while in Brighton on business. After some small problems arose with fittings in the bathroom, I was quickly given a larger and better room, which I was was very pleased with. It was spacious and not noisy, despite the hotel being on the seafront. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom fine. The staff were uniformly friendly and helpful, with the night manager Mike deserving special praise. The hotel is conveniently located, with a bus stop right outside, and there are many restaurants nearby. I found the hotel good value for money.
Date of stay: February 2024
    C$173
1.9 km from The Lanes Hotel
Free parking
View more hotels in Brighton
All reviews sea view lovely hotel tea and coffee making facilities home from home brighton seafront visiting brighton comfy bed pier toiletries
Selected filters
Reviewed February 6, 2024

AVOID.. Hotel not prepared for our visit. Toilet was dirty. NOT ENOUGH shower gel for our stay. Offered us separate room to shower as they were unable to get to cleaner store cupboard. The automatic heating for radiators was not put on and would have taken until 9 to 10pm to warm up the room. Receptionist was uninterested.
Totally unacceptable. We got our full refund and left same day. Such a shame as our first stay a week earlier was good.

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2024

Where do we begin with our fantastic stay at the Lanes in Brighton on the seafront! The ambience, the service, the rooms, the beds, the breakfast!
When we arrived we were warmly welcomed and Ruby took us to our rooms. Unfortunately my sister wasn’t happy with her room because the window wouldn’t open, so Ruby very obligingly and kindly helped to find the right room that my sister was more than happy with. We both slept like logs and we were again warmly welcomed the next morning for breakfast. The plentiful selection of good quality cereals and fruits etc in the continental were lovely. And my sister who had the full English also loved the quality. Thank you Lanes Hotel and Medina for a lovely stay. Hope you get that piano tuned before we come back in the Autumn!
Best wishes
Lindy and kate

Date of stay: January 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2023

This is my second visit to The Lanes hotel. I upgraded my room to a superior double, I got a room with a balcony. Stunning sea view, the room was lovely. Everything you could possibly need was there. The bedding and towels were spotlessly clean. As were the room and bathroom, the bed was so comfortable, that’s one of the reasons I went back. The beds are heavenly to sleep on. The staff were fabulous, a shout out to Mike, thank you for your help regarding my booking. He is so nice, friendly and hospitable. We paid the extra for breakfast. Well worth the money, buffet style for cereal, fresh fruit and juices, yoghurts, toast and your tea/coffee was brought to your table. It was well presented and I want to thank Adelaide for going out to the shop to get some mushrooms for my breakfast!!! We will definitely be going back in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2023

Had a brilliant weekend at the lanes. All the staff were extremely friendly and we were made to feel really welcome. The family room (103) was superb being clean warm and dpacious especially as we had two young children.
Breakfast is a must with plenty of choice and a lovely cooked full English.
We will definitely be back.
Many thanks to all the staff
Mary,Mick and the girls

Room tip: Relax and enjoy
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2023

Most reputable hotels will allow folks to use their toilet facilities on the basis that they may well have hidden disabilities. As a man of a certain age and infirmity, I was told by the receptionist at the Lanes hotel that their facilities were for paying guests only. I judge people on small kindnesses not the big showy gestures. Needless to say I'll now never use them and they will not miss my custom but I thought I'd let others know what kind of ethos they have.

Trip type: Travelled solo