“Perfect home for three weeks exploring south and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Brighton Pier 300metres from Promenade Apartment
Brighton Pier
Kemptown Seafront
The Royal Pavillion
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Beverly J
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Perfect home for three weeks exploring south and southeastern England”
Reviewed July 21, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

The apartment was perfect for us, perfectly situated along miles of beachfront, minutes from bars, restaurants, shopping, buses and auto routes out of the city. The car park is a bIt further then we expected but this turned Into a benefit as every time we came back into the city, we were able to purchase fresh fish and vegetables on our walk from the car park to the apartment.

The apartment is roomy, comfortable and very nicely furnished

Brighton Rocks Bar and Kitchen, just over a block away became, our favorite place for a drink and a bite!

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Figuring out the washer!
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
christian...
Saint-Mihiel, France
“won't stay there again”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

I don't think the owner will be surprised by my review, in fact he was probably expecting it earlier on. I booked in January for renting last week of April. Even so the owner "forgot" to inform me that the parking space was no longer next door but (according to him) a 15 min. walk away. Well I must congratulate him on his olympic form but for us, couple in their sixties & 3 grandchildren, it took us half an hour at the end of the day walking back up Kemptown after parking. I admit that when he informed me 2 days before our stay & after I had copiously told him what I thought, he did offer to totally refund me, but of course by that time I couldn't find anywhere else, + we had ferry bookings from France & hotel rooms booked in Calais.
When we arrived we found the property shabby, rusty railing with the paint peeling off, 2 rusty bikes on the ground in the forecourt. The flat not very clean, carpet, oven etc.
We couldn't unfold the sofabed completely so the children had to sleep on the mattres on the floor, & and the bedclothes for the sofabed were not clean & smelled musty. There was a leak behind the washbasin in the bathroom. The air-extractor above the hob didn't work, meaning that the alarm went off once after doing some cooking. No instructions as to how to put the heating on. The wifi didn't work (too weak) so we had to buy a smartphone to use as a rooter for the internet. To top it all, even the new smartphone didn't work for phoning in the flat, so we had to go outside in order phone family etc.
In all a great disappointment. When I read the reviews my mind boggles, either these people don't have the same standards as me or they don't try to use the different "amenities" available. The rent is cheap for Brighton but I don't think it's worth the economy. In all fairness, last but not least, the owner seems a nice chap.

Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Virginia...
St Albans, United Kingdom
“Nice, especially for the proximity to beach and town”
Reviewed May 29, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We stayed at this property over the bank holiday weekend.
The entrance to the block is a little run-down, so we didn't have the best impression upon arrival.
I also have a personal dislike for carpets, especially in a holiday rental accommodation, and this was the one thing I disliked the most as it was a little grubby.
All in all, though, I would say the flat is tidy and quite generous in size.
The best thing about it is that it's very close to the pier and only a short walk from the town, so from that point of view definitely worth its price.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Carpet on the floor and lino in bathroom
Tom D
London, United Kingdom
“Not Very Happy!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Boiler leaking water, damp on bedroom wall and hallway wall near bedroom door, apartment wasn't hoovered and has stais in places on it, bath wasn't clean. Wall paper in lounge coming off wall at top, cracks on ceilings, paint chipped on walls in places, cob webs on bedroom ceiling. Absolutely disgusting. I wasn't doing an inspection but this was what was visible. Not very impressed and would not recommend.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
9 Apr 2014
Thank you for your feedback. Sadly you were unable to indentify most of these problems at the short time you were at the property. The leaking boiler was and has been addressed as teething problems given it is brand new. Your only complaint was that the property hadn't met your expectations. The apartment for your stay was priced at £260 for 2 guests for a week (less than £19 per person per night). Hardly top end accommodation prices, that said the apartment is clean and in good repair. I regret you did not give me chance to address your concerns at the time.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Liked best: Comfort and location
Liked least: Door bell!
Friends getaway Older travelers
People with pets
Jonathan...
Brighton, United Kingdom
“100% FANTASTIC FLAT WITH EXTREMELY HELPFUL OWNER”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

An amazing stay from start to finish. A spacious flat with beautiful decor and all a stones throw from the beach and supermarkets.I locked myself out of the flat and the owner drove 50 miles to give me a spare key! He wasn't even cross. He was really helpful and i would 100% reccommend this flat to anyone who is looking for a comfortable getaway by the sea.

Liked best: the decor
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
WestSusse...
Bonneveau, France
“A little hideaway”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 for a stay in November 2013

Very convenient for local amenities and not far from Brighton centre with very easy access to seafront

Comfortable accommodation but somewhat hidden away down in the basement of the building.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing