Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Liberace
United Kingdom

A very comfortable bolt hole in central Brighton

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 5, 2024via mobile
I’ve not stayed in a Hotel du Vin for ages, partly because whenever I try to book one they’re sold out! Fortunately, a mid-week stay for just a night in Brighton meant I was able to secure a room and, I was delighted to be told on arrival, I was upgraded to a suite.
What I sometimes get irritated by in hotels is that the front desk hands you a key and waved towards a lift and you’re expected to navigate twists and turns to find your cupboard in the extremities of the hotel. Here I was given an insert with my room card with detailed directions that nobody could fail to understand - and the lovely receptionist also explained it. It wasn’t hard to find but it does show an attention to detail which I appreciate.
The room was huge, with a comfy sofa and a stand-alone bath tub and separate shower room with TWO rain showers. A kettle and a Nespresso machine, lots of tea and coffee, fresh milk offered and a mini bar which was well stocked (yes you pay for the extras, but the lack of the option frustrates me in many so-called smart hotels).
The substantial bed was very comfortable, bath robes were provided with slippers, there’s a decent room service menu…you get the point - this is a smaller hotel but it puts much larger ones to shame.
Was it faultless? No. Service at dinner in the restaurant was a bit hit and miss. I think a large party arriving by just after me may have skewed things. The onion soup was in another league, the salad with chicken was…average. The restaurant experience was a bit flat if truth be told, the decor and external view from the window weren’t lifting it.
But don’t let these things detract from what was, otherwise, a very comfortable stay and I might say, at a very decent price. I had so many notions of going out and doing stuff but the room was so comfortable that I opted for supper and a deep bath, a drink and early bed. I can’t wait to stay again if I can get in!
Trip type: Travelled solo
Joe Carter, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Brighton, responded to this review
Responded Jun 6, 2024
Dear David G,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Hotel du Vin Brighton.

I will also be sure to pass this kind feedback to the whole team. Its great when we received the details feedback you have been so kind to offer.

Again, thank you for choosing The Hotel du Vin Brighton and looking to welcoming you back in the future to experience more of our great service.

Hotel View From Beach
    C$238
1.0 km from Hotel du Vin Brighton
View more hotels in Brighton
2,256 results
All reviews roll top bath monsoon shower junior suite nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel eggs benedict sea front following morning hotel bar stayed for one night sea view hdv seafront ship seagulls
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2024 via mobile

Popped in for a coffee, and checked out the refurbished room terrace. Lovely hotel and bar, we’re fans of the brand. Welcomed by the bar staff, has a lovely coffee and chill in the sunshine. Would highly recommend it. Restaurant has had some refurbishment done too. Have stayed previously too.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joe Carter, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2024

Dear Mark70755,

I will also be sure to pass this kind feedback to the whole team. I pleased you got to experience our newly refurbished courtyard and terrace.

Reviewed June 3, 2024

Excellent stay. The staff so helpful. Drego was very knowledgeable about the local area and restaurants. Definitely go again. The bar staff are so polite and helpful. The location is brilliant being just of the beach. I would have liked a deal on the breakfast . So I could try it . 👍

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear darrenjX4365YW,

Again, thank you for choosing The Hotel du Vin Brighton and looking to welcoming you back in the future to experience more of our great service & Breakfast

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Lovely hotel. When we arrived Hubert and Katherine could not have made us feel more welcome and special. The room was perfect and the setting and location great. Will definitely return. Only one slight negative and that was a bit of a slow service in the bistro when family joined us for a birthday lunch.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear anncX9345BR,

I will also be sure to pass this kind feedback to the whole team, especially Hubert and Katherine

Reviewed May 30, 2024

It was cosy, clean and Hubert was so helpful. Well located and good restaurant. Occitane products a treat! I wish there had been a coffee machine in the room but otherwise so lovely. Bed very comfy and peaceful room. The bar is so stylish and I'm very pleased with the choice.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Joe Carter, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2024

Dear Emw477,

I will also be sure to pass this kind feedback to the whole team.

Reviewed May 25, 2024

It was a truly lovely experience staying in Hotel du vin for 24 hours. The rooms were big, even came with a terrace, and bathrooms grand and luxurious. The beds were soo comfortable ! And the staff-all of them superb 👌. Diego at the reception was outstanding, Kimberly in the dining room very helpful and everyone else wonderful too. Looking forward to visiting soon again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Joe Carter, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2024

Dear Expedition735394,

I will also be sure to pass this kind feedback to the whole team, especially Diego & Kimberly.