New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #42 of 99 Brighton B&B and Inns
Kettering, United Kingdom
“Superb Brighton Guesthouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I recently stayed at Boydens in St James Avenue Brighton - and would totally recommend it to anyone who is thinking of staying in Brighton. The rooms are very nice and comfortable, Helen and Billy who run it are very friendly and helpful - and provide you with a great breakfast to start your day, The location is not far from the seafront and the shops. I am visiting Brighton again shortly - and have already booked my next stay at Boydens.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andy W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
zug
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

I had a very nice time in this guesthouse with my best friend. We shared a double room with a toilet and a shower. If we liked to be ready on the same time we could use the bathroom on the second floor. Helen and Wiliam are very kind and I promise that your stay in their guesthouse will be perfect. If you want you can eat every morning fool english breakfast. You can choose of more than 5 different breakfast. Everything is very clean and you fell at home. The guesthouse is close to the college, the seafront and shops. The position can't be better. If you have any questions you can be sure, that Helen or Wiliam will have a answer.
I had a great time there and if I would go again to Brighton I really would go again to this guesthouse.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ramona k
Schweiz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed in the Boydens for 1 Month with a friend. We had a very nice double bed room. The guesthouse was always very clean and comfortable and it’s near the seaside, city center and too our College as well. I can’t imagine to have a Guesthouse with a better position in Brighton than the Boydens Guest House. Helen and William were very kind and welcoming. Our stay was absolutely homelike  Helen was so helpful and loving!! I will definitely be returning again and recomment it to all my friends! Thank you so much for the unforgettable stay in your Guesthouse!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie B
Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed in Helen's B&B for 2 weeks when moving to Brighton. Helen and her husband were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Service was good throughout the 2 weeks as was the breakfast. I would recommend to friends/family. Good value for money. Thanks for being so helpful!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Tom P
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

My boyfriend and i have just got home from staying at Boydens at the weekend and had a really lovely stay! Helen was so accommodating and welcoming, when we first arrived she showed us on a map where everything was which was great as we weren't familiar with the area. Our room was reasonably sized and clean, perfect for two of us. Breakfast was great with a selection of choices. It was a great location and walkable distance from everywhere. We will definitely stay here on our next visit, thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank seren2204
Canterbury, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Positives: Excellent central location on a quiet tree lined side street - great bars and restaurants just around the corner and the sea 3 minutes away. Very welcoming staff (on arrival we were taken downstairs for a meet and greet, which we thought a bit odd but I can see would be great for foreign tourists or people entirely new to the city). Guest house was clean, decor neutral with tasteful art prints. The bed was really comfy and the place had a nice homely vibe. Our room was bright and had a lovely view of Brighton townhouses.

Negatives: Our double room was very small. The room's high ceilings give the impression of a little more space than you have, so not quite claustraphobic but tiny nevertheless. The ensuite was pretty much a big cupboard in the room with a shower and toilet in it. The 'bathroom' doors didn't close properly and were incorrectly cut, so there was about an inch between the frame and the door itself. The sink was in the bedroom. We had no hot water for our shower. The furniture was cheap and dated. Breakfast was fine but small. All of this would have been fine had we not paid so much for the room. In the end, we felt like we had only really paid for location.

Tip: Don't go here if you're a young traveller - we felt a bit like we were staying with our parents!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I loved staying in the Boydens. It was recommended to me, I was very pleased to have found this cute seaside B&B which does a fabulous full English breakfast! My stay was for 3 days; I will definitely be returning again and will recommend it to all my friends visiting Brighton. It was very clean, comfortable, great value for money, a stone’s throw away from the sea, and the owners Helen and William were very welcoming and helpful arming me with a map on my first day and pointing out all the hot spots for food and shopping in Brighton. Huge Thank you will see you soon!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business