“Lovely place in the North laines”
Review of Cafe Delice

Cafe Delice
Ranked #826 of 1,209 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Französisch angehauchtes kleines Cafe/Restaurant
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great food, great staff. We went upstairs to drink which has changed since we were last there. Very cool speakeasy type setting with good choice of drinks. Father-in-law had a non alcoholic gin which went down well. Will come again!

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I booked an outside table as it was really sunny - glad I did as Brighton was heaving with visitors!
The food was fine and not too expensive, but we all felt that although 'quirky'... food served on split wooden boards (how do they clean them properly?) and blackboards is really a waste of time as it doesn't add anything extra to a dish...what's so wrong with plates now?
The staff were all really nice - which is a bonus!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

I can't believe some of the reviews of this place - I don't know whether the place has changed hands or they've worked to improve - but I would go here again.

It's in a great location and has a really nice atmosphere -friendly and the feel of a small restaurant, which I prefer to a chain. I had the scallops, which were really well cooked and the pea purée was delicious. My husband had the cauliflower soup, which he enjoyed. We both followed with the duck - the cream and mushroom worked well with the duck. We also got the chips - very good.

The waiter was friendly and efficient, but at no point did we feel rushed.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

We had a quick lunch her on the way to the palace. We were happy with the food as they had a good selection.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Wow, this place has had some poopy reviews but I thought it was quite alright. We enjoyed a very nice breakfast (with a mocha, he had terribly early Coca Cola). Full English. Portion size just right. The staff were friendly, knew what they were doing but the highlight for me was the location. In the heart of the Laines and perfect for people watching. I've been here twice now, and I'd probably go again.