The White House
Legends Hotel(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$84
  • Breakfast included
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$74
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$132
  • Breakfast included
US$210
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsorla kielykit katkemp towna small double roomantique shopssea viewsmall touchesbottled waterbreakfast was deliciousminute walkfull englishon arrivalthe ground floorsea frontjust round the cornera lovely place to staysmall hotel
Reviewed April 2, 2012

With a stags, last minute decision to come to Brighton and the prospect of "finding a space on his mates floor!" I decided to try and find a "cheap" nights B&B instead. The £35 - £45 pppn market doesnt really exist at weekends in Brighton so I called the White House to see if they would relax their 2 night minimum policy. Sean was happy to oblige and was a pleasure on the phone, and I booked the £60 single with sea view.
I decided to get the train down instead of driving as i am aware of the notorious parking, but did notice that there where some spaces on the nearby streets as i walked by. I had the absolute joy to be met by Charlie when I arrived who just left me with a smile on my face as to how pleasant she was.
The single room with a sea view (6) was small, but its a B&B, and as long as I can sleep and shower then I am happy and both of those things was well catered for. The bed was perfect in terms of comfort and the shower, although small, does exactly as described well. Beautiful clean decor and bed linen with fluffy towels, as well as decent selection of teas, and complimentary mineral water and Mars Bar just finish it all off. The only downside was the sharing a toilet on the landing but a minor point.
I noticed some reviews complaining about breakfast being a bit late, but actually,(the morning after stag night), the last call of 10.30 for breakfast was perfect I thought. (the only problem was so did everyone else so Sean had a bit of a handful with 7 tables all at once). However the food is worth the wait, although my only regret was not asking if I could have had scrambled eggs instead of fried with my "english" as they looked amazing.
I don't normally do reviews, but felt genuinely pleased to have chosen the White House and would certainly use them again in any future trips to Brighton.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I stayed at the White House for 3 nights-What a great find! The White House is very well thought out, you can feel the love & thought that has been put in-A Home from Home. Lovely room (No.7) spotless & a very comfortable bed. In a quiet area away from the main drag & only five mins walk from the heart of the action. Communication with Sean before and during my stay was great, all the staff there are welcoming and friendly- and my goodness, he cooks a great breakfast! I would certainly go back in a heartbeat-I adored Brighton-A super friendly place, with something for everyone. Well Done The White House-You've got it spot on!

Room Tip: All rooms are individually decorated-Check the Website to choose your favorite
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Deeva69
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I was heading to Brighton for a 40th Birthday Party but forgot to book a room. This was very last minute and I sorted it on the day of arrival. Shaun (Sean), the host, was really friendly and helpful.

The White House is one of those new breed of 'up market' B&Bs; spotless, comfortable and well equipped. Seconds from the sea and only a short walk to the centre-I would highly recommend a stay here. Apart from anything, I was lucky enough to experience one of the best pubs in the UK, just round the corner. (a pint there was suggested by the host)

PS The breakfast was superb!

Room Tip: Call the owner direct.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Craicup
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Had a mid-week stay in room 1 which was beautifully furnished, had a charming little balcony and was extremely comfortable. I had a very good night's sleep and was surprised how quiet the location was considering Bedford Street is almost in the middle of town. A well-appointed bathroom with a welcome and obedient shower!
A surprisingly good choice for breakfast served by charming staff. I would definitely come again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Erica F
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Had a great stay in Brighton last weekend, this is the second time have stayed at the white house since moving from Brighton - its a great place to stay as its like staying at a friends house, you get your keys and come and go as you like without worrying about what the receptionist will say when you roll back after a late night enjoying the bars and clubs in Brighton. We checked in late on Friday, busy day at work, and as agreed when we rang the doorbell we were buzzed in and the room keys were left on a shelf for us, perfect for what we needed as didn't have to worry about arriving by 8pm. Saw Sean on saturday morning and he had a new recommendation for us to try, The Coal Shed, which was brilliant. Will be back again later in the year to catch up with Brighton friends and will book this b&b again without hesitation

Room Tip: top floor rooms are up a few flights of stairs but very quiet so worth it for a longer lay in
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple