“Timeless quality ”

Ranked #35 of 1,309 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$16 - US$78
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our original Brighton Lanes Oyster Bar is lit by candlelight and features tiled walls and high tables and stools. You will be seated side-by-side, allowing for a focus on casual dining and ambience. We have fresh daily specials and catch of the day on offer. Our open kitchen adds to the experience of The Lanes, allowing you to watch your food being prepared. Our marble topped tables act as the perfect setting for grazing on local seafood and enjoying a chilled glass of Champagne. Strictly no reservations.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I have visited before and I'll visit again. Well informed and friendly service combined with the top quality of the food makes Riddle & Finns a no brainier. I think some of the drinks are a bit highly priced. But definitely worth the experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended a year ago to visit - which we did & had the best time, best service & best food. We visited again last night after thinking we should try something different, but why would we & so glad we didn’t!!!! Nigel (aka Connor McGregor), looked after us and made the experience even better than our first time - nothing was too much trouble - he even got us to try oysters for the first time - something I thought I’d never do!!! I would highly recommend this restaurant - fine dining without the stuffiness!!! Calamari with peanut & ginger dipping sauce as a starter with crab & chilli linguine & my partner had smoked haddock fillet, collcannon & poached egg as mains - bloody lovely!!!!

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I used to visit this restaurant often many years back but for one reason or another (can't remember why) stopped going, recently I've been back a few times, have to say and I never write reviews it's as fresh and exciting as the day it opened. The staff are knowledgeable, attentive and professional and food has been faultless. Nice to visit a restaurant that has maintained its standards and pure ethos of excellent seafood

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to Riddle and Finns the first time was last September (ish) with my daughter. The manager recognised me and was really warm and welcoming, this is always a good start (I love to feel special!)
The food was, once again Amazing, the wines are good the staff are friendly and the atmosphere really relaxed.
We will most definitely be returning when next in the U.K.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

We came across this restaurant by chance when visiting Brighton for the first time, we were drawn by the “window on the kitchen”.

The food was superb and the staff were very accommodating with a dietary allergy and even had a separate “safe” menu.

Visit the restaurant, you will not be disappointed.