“Excellent Sunday roast”
Review of The Black Lion

The Black Lion
Ranked #17 of 129 Nightlife in Brighton
Reviewed May 4, 2018

After running the 10k in Brighton (them, not me), my daughter, her boyfriend and I had Sunday lunch here. I had lamb and it was beautiful. There was plenty of meat and it just melted. Very nice. The other two had vegetarian options and were equally impressed. Will definitely come back.

1  Thank Suzanne V
"pop"
"decor"
"fab"

Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by Black Lion for a pre-tour lunch. Solid menu, excellent service and a GREAT 80s-90s playlist!!

Reviewed April 14, 2018 via mobile

This place is so welcoming and relaxing. We shared a bottle of red with what turned out to be the best roast I’ve ever had ! That’s no exaggeration..... the portions were perfect and I can’t stop thinking about how delicious it was ! Thanks for welcoming us to your lovely pub.

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

Been here every time I come Brighton I really like this pub
Decent wine not over priced . Super friendly staff.
Really nice outside area at the back

See more reviews
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

I have always admired this building from the outside but had never had the opportunity to visit. This week I did. It looks small from the outside but is actually large and rustic inside with a big outside seating area. The music is brilliant. I think some of the bar staff are inexperienced as when I ordered a G & T, it was served in a half pint glass filled to the top with tonic from the tap! The next time I ordered a bottle of tonic. Overall a great place with a good vibe