“Door staff ruined holiday”
Review of The Black Lion

and up
Secrets of the Lanes Walking Tour in Brighton
Ranked #16 of 132 Nightlife in Brighton
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Just waking up from a night out but man have the bouncers got big person syndrome worst part was felt I needed some air went outside (as advised) to get it and they wouldn't let me back in! Yes I had a few drinks what do they expect but was far from drunk and spoke to him calmly and explained I know everything that's going on but my friends are in there you just saw me come out and I need to use the toilet (explained briefly my condition I have Colitis) plus he saw me come out moments earlier. You seriously need to train your door staff on disabilities I am not one to cause trouble but this attitude will only flare up the situation with some people.

Sorry to say you have ruined my trip to Brighton and am looking into disability law further agents your bullies on the door

Date of experience: August 2018
"decor"
"fab"
"venue"

Reviewed August 3, 2018

We had Sunday lunch at the Black Lion partly because it offers a non meat eaters option which meant we could both enjoy our Sunday lunch together as my partner dosent eat meat.
We had a really great time here, the staff are really friendly, the table layout is such as you dont feel on top of one another, the music is just the right volume and the food is awesome.........good choice of beer too.
This is exactly how a Sunday pub lunch should be, we came away feeling very satisfied and ready to affront the Brighton weather!!!
Keep up the good work.

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Just gone out for a cigarette and staff took my drink away. Asked the bar manager and he played the game with me like I was born yesterday or wasted. Disgusting !!!

Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Great place. Really good pub with super sellection of drinks. Their food is also really good. Home made fries and super tasty calamari. Really like to be there. Super nice staff as well.