“Stayed here numerous times with our very extended family will always pick this hotel”
Review of Innkeeper's Lodge

Innkeeper's Lodge
Ranked #51 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 July 2016

fantastic room, stay here at least twice year and there always tends to be about 4 of our families that stay at this hotel. Rooms are very big. We have already booked our next stay. Very accommodating.

Room Tip: town is easily accessible
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2016

We’re really glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thanks for your positive comments, we’ll make sure they’re seen by the team.

There are newer reviews for Innkeeper's Lodge

Reviewed 4 July 2016

I stayed in this place recently and as I said in the title, the bed part of things was acceptable but the breakfast was very poor. Now I know from reading reviews over the years, there's always a person who won't be satisfied no matter how excellent a hotel or restaurant is. I most certainly am not one of those people.
As I usually travel alone on business I'm going for the price range £50 - £80 for B&B. For this I don't expect the world, just someplace reasonably clean and tidy to sleep and some grub of moderate price and quality.
The accommodation side of this establishment was perfectly acceptable and having checked in after a long day, I was ready for something to eat. The restaurant looked a bit run down and in need of a good clean. I was "greeted" rather underwhelmingly by a woman who mumbled something inaudible to me and cleared off having deposited me at the "no mates" table opposite the baby changing room/ disabled bog. I was eventually served by a more cheerful person who explained about the salad bar and took my order. I went to get my salad only to discover a black hair, which couldn't be mine, draped out of the bowl. I pulled that out and decided to soldier on. The starter was mediocre. Whilst I was waiting for the main course a mother and child came out of the changing room leaving the door half open. Despite this loo being adjacent to the doors going in and out of the kitchen, it seemingly never occurred to any of the staff traipsing by to shut the door. So as an appetiser I had a view of the toilet bowl and the faint aroma of soiled nappy. Midway through my below par main course I went over to shut the door but by then whatever interest in eating had gone. I went out for a short walk, came back and went to bed. The following morning before going down to breakfast (I had paid an extra fiver for a full breakfast) I made the error of looking at the breakfast menu as placed in my room and picked out what I would like which wasn't the traditional full cooked breakfast. I hoped the breakfast would somehow redeem my impression of the restaurant. Upon getting to the dining area, I initially thought there was nobody there to greet me. Then I worked out that the woman sitting in the first booth reading The Argus was a member of staff. She seemed somewhat deflated that I should have the affront to ask was it okay to sit anywhere. Thinking I had misunderstood some unwritten code, I then ventured to say that I'd had the cheek to order a full breakfast. She sighed at this, stood up and went gloomily to check a list against my room number. It had really narked her to shift herself from her fascinating newspaper to demean herself by serving paying scum like me. I went off and found my seat and sat there for a moment pondering what had just happened and if I'd just imagined it. I shook myself out of these thoughts and made my way to the tea and toast area. There were two people there: a nice gentle elderly lady and a man probably in his early 30s. They were standing by the toaster waiting for their bread to toast but so far had only got warm bread. So I joined the warm bread queue, glad to have some friendly company. I was reassured by both of them that I wasn't going mad and they and their respective partners had just had similar experiences with this outstanding member of staff.
When I got back to my seat I discovered there was a full English cooked breakfast waiting for me. As I hadn't ordered anything yet I thought that perhaps this belonged to somebody else. So I pointed this out to the now infamous member of staff who told me it was indeed mine. I said I hadn't ordered it and had intended to pick something else from the menu. I was then told rather bluntly that this was the full breakfast and anything else from the menu was extra. Even in the roughest of greasy spoon establishments you are asked what you want in your cooked breakfast. Evidently not at this fine dining emporium... you take it or leave it. I sampled the beans and an egg which were tasteless so I decided to leave it.
When I was finished in my room I was hoping that a member of staff would ask me how my stay was so that I could be polite but frank with them. Unfortunately there was nobody about. There was however a box where you were supposed to deposit your keys. And so I did glad to be shot of the place.
In summary, I would say: Stay here but eat elsewhere... in fact anywhere else but here.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank BoggyDew
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Thanks for your review. We’re really sorry to hear you had a poor experience when you visited. Your feedback is really important to us and we’ll make sure the team sees your comments.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Stayed here for a couple of nights, B&B. Good sized room, clean and comfortable. The hotel is on a main road into Brighton just passed a set of traffic lights. Unfortunately, our room was at the front. Even though it had double glazing and secondary double glazing the traffic noise was horrendous all night. HGV's setting off from the lights were constant.
Breakfast good, staff great. If we stay again we would ensure a room at the back or side.
Although it had free wifi, available in room, the signal was not strong enough and I had to use the foyer.

Room Tip: Rooms to the side or back would be much quieter
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2016

Your feedback is really important to us, so thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

Huge rooms, any issues resolved super quickly. Great complimentary breakfast, lovely clean rooms. Great for families, convenient location just outside of Brighton and just off the main road into the city.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2016

Thanks for your feedback on your visit. We’re really glad you enjoyed it and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay with you. The room adapted for disabled guests was fantastic, spacious and well set out. The staff were helpful and friendly and the food was lovely and value for money! Thank you for a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Fantastic room and wet room facilities for people with disabilities
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
BlackLion_Management, Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Dear Janet,

Thank you for your positive review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments have been passed on for the whole team to see.

Thanks Again,

Tom

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Just returned from a 3 night break with my husband at the Black Lion. Requested a quiet room and although decor could have been better it satisfied our needs! Room was very clean also bathroom...constant hot water and excellent shower, bed comfortable with fresh linen. We opted for the bonus of complimentary continental breakfast which was certainly adequate for us. We also had dinner each night in the Harvester restaurant where we found the waiting staff extremely friendly and polite. We caught a bus to Brighton, the bus stop being just a few minutes walk away from the Lodge...very convenient and no parking worries or costs! Apart from being in need of updating, of which I understand is soon to happen, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
General Manager A, Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2016

Dear Moya,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback - it really is good to hear and will be passed on to the whole team. You're quite right in saying the rooms need refurbishment and I'm pleased to say this is happening in July.

Thanks again,
Tom

Reviewed 11 May 2016 via mobile

We have just got back from a 2 night stay at this hotel and yes the rooms are in need of a freshen up but other than that nothing wrong we arrived early so left a our bags and got the bus into brighton it's a 5 min walk to the bus stop buses are every 20 min and it's £5 for a all day bus ticket on our return we checked in went to the room which was clean and tidy and of a very nice size the bed was very comfortable and a lovely shower breakfast was continental but there was plenty of it and you can eat as much as you like u can pay for a cooked if you want to but really didn't see the point will definitely stay here again

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Guest Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

It’s great to hear you enjoyed your experience with us. Thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
3.1 km away
5.2 km away
Westbourne Hotel
Westbourne Hotel
#45 of 94 in Brighton

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge? Share your experiences!