“Okay but breakfast was a disgrace”
Review of Innkeeper's Lodge

Innkeeper's Lodge
Ranked #51 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 July 2017

The place is okay and room are comfortable. However, what really lets this place down is the breakfast - They advertise a host of breads, fruit, pastries and accompaniments. This turned out to be what looked and tasted like the cheapest supermarket value white sliced - a bowl of Golden Delicious Apples that looked like they were about to check themselves out. And finally some rock hard croissants that I'm sure the Olympic 2012 committee are sorely missing.

When I spoke to a member of staff about what they say they offer and what they actually do for breakfast - I was told, most places don't offer any breakfast and if I like something 'better' their words not mine, I could pay for a cooked breakfast.

Firstly, I didn't want a cooked breakfast and secondly rude - deliver what you say you'll deliver!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Innkeeper's Lodge

Reviewed 29 July 2017

I only used the hotel for one night and simply as a place to get my head down. I checked in then jumped into a taxi to meet a friend for drinks in Brighton centre (£12 by cab). I slept fine and had a somewhat basic continental breakfast in the morning which wasn't the standard served in other hotels in this chain.

On the plus side, there is plenty of free parking, which is near impossible to find in central hotels

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

It's been a long time since I've visited this place definitely still in my mind. Food tastes amazing and the staff really attentive. Paid around £20for a steak and a drink so it's a fair price for good food. I'm recommending it to everyone to give it a try. When I'll be in that area again I'll pay you a visit again:)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2017

average hotel staff polite leave you to your own devises.to far out for Brighton for me should have checked me own fault would i stay again NO windows did not open in bedroom no air conditioning just gave us fan

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank christopherralhc
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we are at the Miller & Carter restaurant, food good but very slow service. Room itself was nice & clean. No window and you can hear the night entrance if used because it slams. Overall it was a good stay, we were only there for one night and was out most of the evening, so for a short stay I would say it's a good choice. Bus stop just down the road past the Esso garage gets you into town.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Changed since I last came here. More of a typical beefeater style restaurant than pub. Did decent beer though but we could only eat more than starter if we sat in the restaurant. Had a couple of pints and moved on for food

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed here over the easter weekend. My partner chose it as a surprise. We had a concert on the Friday evening, so with the free parking, it was ideal.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and big, with a lovely king size bed. The continental breakfast had plenty of good choice.
We ate in the restaurant one night. My partner chose the honey and chilli chicken, she said it was the best meal she had had in years! I had the bistro rump steak, that too was so good! Her banoffee pie was very good too.
I would certainly recommend staying here. If we're in the area again, we certainly will do!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
3.1 km away
5.2 km away
Westbourne Hotel
Westbourne Hotel
#45 of 94 in Brighton

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge? Share your experiences!