“Big tasty bowls”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Great location opposite the dome, you can stumble out a concert and straight into here for supper. I'm not normally a fan of restaurants that have picture menus, but I will make an exception for here. You order your food from the counter then it arrives super quick. Big choice of dishes, lots of choice for vegetarians which are clearly marked. Fantastic value, great big bowls of rice and topping with the rice cooked perfectly. We would definitely come here again and again. My only criticism is that the soy sauce that came with the tempura prawns seemed really watered down.

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

What a great little hidden gem! Superb food, great cosy atmosphere and so reasonably priced. Looking forward to going back very soon! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

I love the food at Pompoko, very speedy and a quick fix and at half the price of local competitors (*cough cough* Wagamamas) but I have one pet peeve that annoys me every time I come here!
The service!
Even in the deadest of times like 3pm/4pm, where no other soul is in the restaurant, as soon as your big toe teases through the door, you are yelled at by a waitress with the less than polite words of 'STAYING HERE OR TAKEAWAY'
I would understand this if it were busy and you have to get the orders through. However, is it really necessary to blow my socks off in an empty restaurant as soon as I take my first breath in the place?
Side note: one waitress doesn't pick up her feet when she walks which is more of a personal issue I have I think. How do you do a long shift without moving your feet off the floor? Kudos to her, maybe she's found a new technique to avoid foot ache.

1  Thank Dreamer193327
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Have visited Pompoko many times to both sit in and take away, the food is delicious, very reasonably priced and the speed of service is impeccable. We have visited other Japanese restaurants but Pompoko is just in a league of its own!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Japanese rice bowl style restaurant. Good cheap food, expertly prepared and well presented. Small and busy, so getting a table can be a problem but it's worth it. Great choice of dishes and brilliant for a quick meal.