“A great value place for groups”

Genghis Khan's Mongolian Barbeque
Price range: US$26 - US$41
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a fun place for larger groups. You choose your own food and they cook it for you. You can eat as much as you like . You can follow recipes or devise your own. At £13.50 per person I think it's great value. The chefs were friendly and all staff helpful. There's a 10% non compulsory service charge. The desserts are fabulous for sharing.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's now called just 'Mongolian' but its still the same place I've been going to for the last 10 years during annual Brighton visit.
Always had a good time there and really enjoy choosing my own ingredients to have cooked. Since it's all you can eat, you can always chuck it and start again if it doesnt come out quite right. Managed 7 bowls this time, all excellent. My friends claim the chocolate sauce that accompanies the profiteroles is 'too die for'. Even though I love profiteroles, I tend to fill up on the savoury stuff and forget to leave room for dessert!
Staff were very friendly and chatty.
Suprisingly it was not that busy, but we will definitely be back next year.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Its a good idea, ,sort of. I did get a bit bored of carrying a piece of paper every time I wanted to try a dish. And I wasn't overly impressed with the"chefs"..... they seemed a bit bored if im honest. The best thing about this restaurant is the manager, he was very helpful and friendly

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I went to Brighton with 28 of my diet & fitness club members, for my birthday. I chose the Mongolian barbeque because I knew we could make healthy choices and have fun. the night turned out better than even I expected Peter the manager and his staff was really friendly and helpful, everyone had great fun creating their menus and the whole eating experience was fun. However the healthy choice went out the window when I got a surprise birthday pudding pofitoroles, marshmellows, turkish delight, crunchy honeycombe dipped in melted chocolate was to die for. There was no way we were going to have 28 zumba fanatics in the room and not have a dance. Sorry Peter you were very accommodating. I hope you liked our rendition of Proud Mary, Thank you for looking after us, we will definitely be coming back to you.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

we were in brighton for a few days and stumbled across this place and so glad we did the food and the way of cooking was such fun the staff were all great a fun place to eat with gread food and as much as you can eat for £13.50 fantastic value cant wait to return

1  Thank steveessex