“Great food, great service, great idea!”

Genghis Khan's Mongolian Barbeque
Price range: US$26 - US$41
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been going to this restaurant a number of times (we live a fair distance away so unfortunately can't visit too often, but we make it there at least once a year), and each time have enjoyed eating there.
The meat is frozen, but is sliced into thin enough strips to ensure it cooks properly on the griddle, and there is always a good selection of herbs, spices and vegetables which are regularly topped up.
The service has always been very good, and even my kids really enjoy coming here.
And in relation to the story about the 2 blokes being kicked out for eating too much, I say fair play to the management for being willing to take a stand against people who take the mick

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Advise to go if you're in Brighton and fancy a restaurant a little different from the norm. It's £13.50 for all you can eat (although you're given titchy bowels) and you make the dinner which is then cooked in front of you. All ingredients is fresh and so much calamari, every dish I made had calamari in. You're given little recipe cards that are easy to follow but the great thing is you can mix it up. I'd advise though to go in a group as its not super sociable because everyone is either making, cooking or eating. Cocktails are super nice as well and go well with the food. Toilets are strangely laid out but fine.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is a fun place for larger groups. You choose your own food and they cook it for you. You can eat as much as you like . You can follow recipes or devise your own. At £13.50 per person I think it's great value. The chefs were friendly and all staff helpful. There's a 10% non compulsory service charge. The desserts are fabulous for sharing.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's now called just 'Mongolian' but its still the same place I've been going to for the last 10 years during annual Brighton visit.
Always had a good time there and really enjoy choosing my own ingredients to have cooked. Since it's all you can eat, you can always chuck it and start again if it doesnt come out quite right. Managed 7 bowls this time, all excellent. My friends claim the chocolate sauce that accompanies the profiteroles is 'too die for'. Even though I love profiteroles, I tend to fill up on the savoury stuff and forget to leave room for dessert!
Staff were very friendly and chatty.
Suprisingly it was not that busy, but we will definitely be back next year.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Its a good idea, ,sort of. I did get a bit bored of carrying a piece of paper every time I wanted to try a dish. And I wasn't overly impressed with the"chefs"..... they seemed a bit bored if im honest. The best thing about this restaurant is the manager, he was very helpful and friendly