“Awful”

Redeli
Price range: US$4 - US$13
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are a family owned cafe and outside catering company. What fuels us is the belief that food should taste good, do you good and be affordable. And that everyone should be able to enjoy it So our aim is to create a great tasting food that's good for you. We'd like to help you eat more healthily. So all of the food we serve, including our soups, sandwiches, salads, drinks and cakes, are made by hand from natural, wholesome and delicious ingredients. The result is 'fast' food that's not only good for you, but tastes great too.
Reviewed February 19, 2015

It looked like both the staff had never worked in hospitality before, let alone a cafe. They looked like frightened rabbits when we arrived and it was us that had to say hello to get a response from them. The place was completely devoid of personality the entire time we were there and the staff looked totally mistake the whole time we were there - I don't think they managed one smile. The place wasn't busy, so it was hardly like they were overstretched.

The food was average at best. We ordered paninis, but they weren't paninis, which was really disappointing. It was panini bread, but it was toasted, not put in a panini grill. The bread would have been nice, as it was herb crusted, but it just tasted weird and dry toasted. The panini filling was okay. Acceptable for a deli, but
nothing special. Both the pesto and veg bordered on bland, but just good enough not to be. I ordered a simple ham sandwich for my daughter, which had the new minimum of ham - but to their credit when we asked for more they apologised and gave us more.

Were that not enough to put you off, even though my friend and I ordered together, the came in installments. It seems if you order something complicated (fresh apple juice or a coffee) things just ground to a halt. Watching the service it seemed that having more than 3 customers ordering had pretty much the same effect.

All in all it was pretty terrible and the staff just looked like they didn't want to be there, and didn't want any customers to be there when more.. Avoid!

Redelicafe, Owner at Redeli, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2015

Hi there

I do apologise for your bad experience at Redeli. On the day in question it was the first day for a member of staff so aside from having to try and serve people I was also training her up. We have noticed today that our panini grill has not been heating up as much as it should have been. Had it been mentioned on the day that they were not toasted we would have happily replaced these for you.

Apologies again.

Reviewed January 19, 2015

Stumbled across this cafe after walking past a few others looking for somewhere for lunch. Lovely food, reasonably priced.

Redelicafe, Owner at Redeli, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2015

Thank you for your lovely review. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast on Saturday morning having been recommended redeli by a friend. On arrival I was struck by how lovely and peaceful the cafe was by comparison to other cafes in Brighton. Louise the owner was friendly and took our order immediately. Our juices and breakfasts were delightful and I would definitely come back again.

Redelicafe, Owner at Redeli, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

What a lovely review! Please come and visit us again for more tasty treats!

Reviewed September 26, 2014

Best breakfast i have had in years.

I admit i am a sausage snob and these bad boys were bangers... literally.

Highly recommended.

Good smoothies as well, you could say they were smooth!

From one food lover to another, check this place out!

love and trust

Aaron

Thank you for your kind words! We look forward to seeing you and your family/crew again soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2014

I go here regularly to get sandwiches during my lunch break - I like the fact that they are freshly made and the staff are always generous with their fillings.
My friends and I also had breakfast at Redeli last Saturday and were impressed with the quality of the fry up we had breakfast and how well priced it was - especially compared to other cafes in Brighton. I always think you can tell a good breakfast by the sausages and the ones we were served were really good quality.

Redelicafe, Owner at Redeli, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2014

Thank you for your lovely response. We hope to see you again soon !