“Mid-week Birthday Meal”
Review of Conquerors March

Conquerors March
Ranked #48 of 387 Restaurants in Hastings
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Description: Whether you are looking for a relaxing place to dine or just a local pub for a great pint of real ale, then this is the place for you. We cater for everyone, locals, tourists, families and business people will all be welcomed with warmth and outstanding service.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wouldn't choose this restaurant to have a quiet romantic meal. That said, I have eaten here several times and the meals have all being tasty, well presented and the service good. There is a good variety of food on offer at affordable prices. The rib eye steak was cooked on a charcoal grill and was flavoursome and well seasoned.

ManagementTeam121, Manager at Conquerors March, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Julie,

Thank you so much for this review, I am glad that you have enjoyed your visits here with us and I agree the steak are fantastic and full of flavour!

We hope to see you soon and maybe next time push for that 5* review!

Thank you again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We love coming here for Sunday lunch the staff are always nice and pleasant and well dressed and Sunday lunch roast is to die for you have a choice between chicken or beef I would always go for the chicken we were served by Emily and jazz and they could not do enough for us we felt spoilt. Emily made a lovely irish coffee as you can see in picture if you are in Hastings this one is a must they have a big choice of foods as well with a new menu coming out this week with probably even more choice

ManagementTeam121, Assistant Manager at Conquerors March, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Marcus,

Thank you so much for this lovely review! The heading is just fantastic!

I do agree the Sunday roasts are amazing!

The new menu is fantastic so please come up soon and have a look :)

Emily and Jazz are fantastic members of our team, thank you so much for mentioning them in this post!

We absolutely love feedback and posts like yours are amazing to share with our team!

Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Holly

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We visited Hastings and stayed at the Coghurst Hall holiday park . The Conquerers March is just on the corner of the lane leading to the Holiday park . We had our first meal there on Monday 9th of October . The service was good and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We had a nice steak meal . I would recommend the Rhubarb and Egg Custard Tart with Ice cream . One of the best desserts I have ever had . we visited Hastings town centre and planned to have lunch there . We could not find anywhere to get a nice meal.
Debenhams at 3.30pm had no hot food and Yates wine bar the kitchen was closed . We decided to go back to the Conquerers March again as we knew we would get good food . The staff all seem very happy and work together well .the food again was excellent . I would not hesitate to recommend it for a meal at any time of the day.
We do have a local one of this chain in Haverhill which is also a good venue.

Holly H, Assistant Manager at Conquerors March, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Phillis B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed it here whilst on your travels. I do agree the Rhubarb and custard slice is fantastic... definitely one of my favourites!

I have passed your lovely comments about the team onto them to show how much of a good job they are doing!

When you next visit Hastings we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

A group of 7 of us came for a retirement meal. Food was well presented and delicious. Matt - our waiter, gave excellent advice about the steak choices and was really helpful and informative. Thoroughly recommend the Conquerors March for quality and value. The chicken rotisserie choices were also recommended.

Hello Jipple,

Thank you taking the time to leave us this lovely review. I am very glad to hear that you had a lovely time and I agree that matt is a fantastic member of the team.

I have passed your comments onto the team to show them what a good job they are doing and we all look forward to your return.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Went over for the first time last Sunday. Was slightly apprehensive as it was very busy. I needed have worried as service was excellent and the food was really excellent. Had roast beef with 3 or 4 veg. For £8.95 you can't go wrong. A very friendly atmosphere there and children were installed on the other side of the pub which is good for us without.

Hello Lyn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a lovely review, I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your Sunday roast... this is my favourite meal also! Sundays are our busiest day of the week but we will always try to get everyone in even those who haven't booked. But once again thank you so much and we look forward to your return.