“Great Sunday lunch”

First In Last Out
Ranked #16 of 410 Restaurants in Hastings
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional English pub, brewing our own beer and serving good fresh food, cooked from scratch.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Came here for Sunday lunch and with my partner and her mum. The menu was confined to three roasts - chicken, lamb and beef, each for £12.50. We went for one of each and they were terrific, with vegetable side dishes and generous portions. Great beer too, excellent service and the warm atmosphere that you need on a cold ‘Spring’ day in Hastings. It was very busy so I would recommend booking.

Reviewed March 6, 2018

Own brewed beer. Recommend the Cardinal beer but also good selection and excellent food. Very friendly pub.

1  Thank michaeldb
Reviewed March 3, 2018

What terrible service! I went to to First in last out pub today and the young lady that served me was really rude. She had nothing to say and practically rolled her eyes at me when I asked for my drinks, but to top it all off she didn't even bother to say thank you after I had paid for my drinks. It rally ruined the whole experience. I expected a warmer reception, such a shame , as the the fire is so warm and inviting if only some of the staff were!

5  Thank MMStLenorads
Reviewed February 28, 2018 via mobile

Handwritten sign on the door says "open, warm inside", it's freezing outside and so we decide to go in. The atmosphere was far from warm when my friends and I entered.

We chose this pub based on reviews saying it was dog friendly. On entering we were the "first in" but the unfriendly landlord warned us immediately to keep the dogs on a tight leash and don't let them wander around or generally cause a nuisance to anyone. After a quick drink we were then the "first out".

Would not recommend, unfriendly, definitely not dog friendly ( unless you are a friend of the landlord) and menu is not cohesive.

Go to the Crown which is close by - doggy water bowl outside, friendly staff and amazing food.

1  Thank Simonthecritic
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Visiting first in last out today was a real treat. Excellent food freshly cooked to perfection. Really friendly staff and good value so what’s not to like.

I had the roast lamb which was tender and good quality - 5 star recommendation from me.