All reviews dual carriageway amex stadium would stay again one night stay friendly hotel good size piping hot room was spotless pie full english family room warm welcome shower curtain tea and coffee night's sleep cooked to perfection carvery
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights.. The hotel is quite relaxed and this suited our needs..especially my 9year olds ..as he gets anxious away from home..staff were great..loved chatting to Amanda..Jamie's was very helpful and also Ian..and the girl serving breakfast (apologies can't remember name) our room was large and comfy..shower and bathroom great..road noise doesn't bother me..and I'm a light sleeper..great value for money at and lovely food..many thanks.. we will be back again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Booked to stay for Glyndebourne visit, however traffic horrendous, not possible to get a taxi so had to drive which defeated the object of staying over! Staff were very friendly but Inn is like stepping back into the early 80s. Breakfast was extra so not great vfm.

Room Tip: Had road facing room but did not hear the traffic
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018

As regular visits to my reviews will know, if it is good I say so, if not, I still say so!
This is in the excellent category!
Couldn't do enough for me and a colleague.
Needed it, particularly as we were there to assist in a Crown Court Case at Lewes Crown Court.
Don't stay in Lewes itself because it is expensive, traffic is a nightmare and parking an even bigger nightmare.
Stay here and save money, then spend a little of it, taxi-ying in each day as we did (taxis reliable and reasonable).
Meals easily enough for a farm labourer and all staff I met I would employ in an instant given the chance.
Well done! Praise well earned!

Room Tip: Rooms on A27 but nothing heard due to double glazing and couldn't ask for better grounds in the countryside near a City
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Lewes is badly served by hotels. Despite its wealth, the area seems to be blighted by tatty, elderly hotels, with disinterested staff.

Newmarket Inn is an exception. It’s not the Ritz; it’s a low-cost, roadside hotel that’s more like a pub with 15 rooms.

So “roadside” means there will be some traffic noise, but unless you are a light sleeper, that may not matter. I am a light sleeper, but the staff could not have been more helpful in moving me to a quiet room.

Everywhere is spotlessly clean and the furniture and fittings seem in good order.

The bedrooms are separated from the pub area by locked doors and there was no noise transmission from pub to bedrooms.

The rooms are compact but adequate and all are ensuite. The showers are of the “shower curtain in the bath” variety, rather than separate cubicles, and the water was hot and plentiful. The bed was large and comfortable.

The food is pub grub. Breakfast is cooked to order, rather than the common, “eggs sweltering under heat lamps”, buffet style.

It’s not expensive; the staff genuinely were incredibly helpful and friendly; the rooms are fine - and it’s much better than High Street hotels that charge a great deal more.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Britbiztraveller
Reviewed August 7, 2018

I was very pleased with the Newmarket Inn when I stayed there last, I used a single room but there was enough room for the one night stay. The room was very hot as it faced the sun in the afternoon and was also above the kitchen where air was vented onto the roof. Shower was all in working order. I did think the cost was a little high but I had very few options.

Stayed: June 2018