“Mr & mrs Robinson”

The Union Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
The Union Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 114 Restaurants in Rye
Price range: US$13 - US$53
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Best steaks ever fantastic onion rings. Loved it here a great place to eat and drink in rye. What more could you ask for. Enjoy

2  Thank Karl R

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Initially received a warm welcome from the front of house but the service throughout the rest of our dinner was really poor. In fact the younger waitress had a real attitude problem which would put me of going back especially as it isn’t a cheap restaurant.

Starters and steaks were lovely - the sides are all an additional cost and were to be honest a bit of a let down. For the price of a steak I’d really expect some veg/salad to be included not just some chips. Dessert was also very nice.

If the service improved then this could’ve a really good restaurant.

1  Thank LondonBezza
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Came here with 3 friends after reading the good reviews, however I was left very disappointed. The price of the steaks includes a steak and a portion of chips, everything else you have to pay for on top, like tomatoes etc. I paid extra to have peppercorn sauce with my steak, and when it came it was so salty it was inedible, and considering the price the rest of the meal wasn’t up to par either. As no one came to check on us to ask how our food was even though it wasn’t overly busy, I aired my thoughts to the waitress when she asked how the food was when collecting our plates. Her response was nothing more than a grunt, and I was shocked at how little someone could care. She walked off and that was it, not even an apology. Will not be coming back here, there are much nicer restaurants in Rye with better food and customer service.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Would like to say a big Thankyou to the lady on front desk .
We booked a table for 8.15 . Arrived at 8 . Was told how table was not ready . Even know there was a few empty tables .
We asked if we could have a drink why we waited . Her reply was “your get in the way “ so she told us to go to the new wine bar . At the bottom of the road . And she would ring us when table was ready .
Well 2 bottles of wine later and now 8.45 we rung her . Her words “oh I forgot you . “
Anyway the plus side is we now have found a wonderful wine bar .
And would highly recommend.

1  Thank Tony B
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Had date night with my hubby last night at this restaurant. Absolutely amazing. Best steak I think I’ve ever had outside of the states. The service was excellent and the girls were very friendly and welcoming. Didn’t have to wait long for the food and it was cooked to absolute perfection. Make sure you leave room for pudding the peanut banoffee pie was delicious but extremely filling. If you are a gin drinker try the pink fizz drink on the menu I highly recommend it. Lovely evening all round can’t wait to go back.

2  Thank Carly N