1,076 results
All reviews trout farm arlington row beautiful village hot tub lovely hotel huge bathroom whopper four poster bar menu wedding breakfast molton brown toiletries afternoon tea turn down service the cottages pretty village sunday lunch log fire
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Lovely hotel and cottages. The staff were all so friendly, courteous and hospitable. The cottages were very spacious and cozy. The location is stunning with lots of beautiful trees, shrubs and flowers.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Wow what an overpriced "Public house " , said hello to the manager and he just grunted huh , miserable sod, ...we went up to the Catherine Wheel a few hundred yards away , what a difference ...go there

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank PINNOCHIO09
Simon S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2017

I am disappointed to read such a negative response when being welcoming, friendly and helpful is something I look for in all of our team.

I would appreciate it if you could e-mail me in order for me to work out which Duty Manager this may have been.

Regards

Simon
manager@swanhotel.co.uk

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Looks very picturesque and has quaint oldie worlde rooms, uneven floors, low ceilings/beams and exposed wood work and odd looking fire doors (Regulations Rule - OK).

Charming if slightly small bar with roaring open fire that day. Excellent Barman. Efficient, friendly, engaging and knowledgeable. Nice restaurant, if a bit pricey & big for the size of Hotel - feels as if it has been recently extended, so had lost some of the intimacy.

Breakfast was the pinnacle - the array of fresh homemade (Jams, Breads, Sauces, Pickles etc) was astonishing and one could have made a complete pig of myself.

Service delivery was however not up to scratch, except the Barman. That and the constant series of Tourist Packed Coaches stopping to gawp, photograph and shout, really took the edge off what could be idyllic.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Safariholic

Thank you for your valued feedback and glad to hear that generally you enjoyed your time with us.

Clearly a few areas for us to work on and we hope to be able to welcome you back to The Swan in the future to show you the levels of service and product the hotel is known for.

Best

Simon and the Team

Reviewed October 5, 2017

This hotel is lovely and charming. It's beautiful and postcard worthy and our room was spacious with a huge bathroom. We had nice views from the front window overlooking the trout farm and gardens. Too bad the slab of concrete that was our bed ruined the experience. It was so hard I couldn't sleep. I had to pile extra pillows and blankets under me just to be able to get slightly comfortable. I would have loved to stay here again because it really is such a lovely looking place but I need to sleep and concrete-like beds just won't cut it.

Room tip: Bring a mattress topper
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank SueMPA
Reviewed October 4, 2017

The Swan Hotel at Bibury 14th - 16th September 2017.
I would recommend this hotel to anybody, it's great.
The reception staff were professional, friendly and helpful. Our 'Superior Room', room 11 was great. The room was 18 feet square, housing a beautiful four poster bed three door wardrobe 3 chairs bedside cupboards and a table complete with the tea coffee and biscuits kettle etc., excellent. The fully tiled bathroom had a double jacuzzi bath a very spacious shower and massive mirrors.
More compliments, just like the reception the bar and dining room staff were great. The choice and quality of food was excellent.
If we didn't live 150 miles away we would be regulars here.

Room tip: We had room 11 and it was beautiful.
Date of stay: September 2017