Barnsley House(Barnsley)
US$109
Hotels.com
US$98
US$94
Premier Inn Cirencester(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
US$81
PremierInn.com
Riverside House(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$86
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$132
  • Restaurant
Kings Head Hotel(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$114
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

Corinium Hotel & Restaurant(Cirencester)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$120
Orbitz.com
1,024 results
All reviewstrout farmarlington rowbeautiful villagelovely hotelhot tubhuge bathroomfour posterwhopperbar menuwedding breakfastpretty villagemolton brown toiletriesturn down serviceafternoon teathe cottagessunday lunchlog fire
Reviewed February 24, 2018

I Had booked this as a surprise for my wife for her 35th Birthday . I decided to go all out and booked the whooper cottage. On arrival we were checked in. With a lovely happy birthday to my wife from the lady on the front desk, we were taken over to the cottage and wow what can i say its clean cosey and with some modern twists, The hotel had left my wife a fragrance gift and chocolates and a beautifully written card, great start. The cottage has a lovely lounge with comfy sofa's with a docking station for phones or i pods. its has a wet room which is a touch of luxury . Upstairs you have a very quirky bathroom with two large mirrors and changing areas, and a lovely bath. The garden is beautiful and the hot tub is just a lap of luxury with bubbles a light inside and so lovely on a winters night. Inside the bar \ Brassirie area we went for lunch and were greeted by a friendly chap called Dan, he was helpful and charming. The Bar manager Sam was dressed smart and sharp and was a real gent, a credit to the Hotel. Carly front of house is a friendly warm and her knowledge of the area and her customer service is fantastic. I am unsure of his name but within the restaurant a waiter who has a limp and isn't English was so helpful with my food complaint( i will come on to this) also he made a lovely gesture for my wife's birthday champagne and a lovely desert on a slate plate saying happy birthday. The cottage was pure relaxation. Now the negatives... once we had settled in we headed to the Hot tub. the hot tub has fairy lights around the wooden covering around the hot tub. we thought that having the fairy lights on would add to the special day and the experience of the hot tub, we spent 20 minutes trying to find the switch, no luck, this did somewhat take away from the magic, i still have no idea where this switch was, no sign or instructions for the hot tub, its kind of expected you know how to use one. Also some instruction of where to put the hot tub cover would have been nice, we also only discovered the slippers to get to the hot tub once we were leaving, hidden in the cupboard by the iron. This would have prevented some sore feet getting to the hot tub and spending time trying to find the switch.On a lighter note the bed is most comfortable I've slept in and pillows are heaven. Now the restaurant, this was my least fave of our stay we arrived for our evening meal at 8.00pm, two hours after the restaurant opened, w sat down and told straight away that the two dishes we and i assume most people would want, this being venison and oysters had gone, also chicken liver parfait for starter had gone, the treacle tart had gone. Two hours and the restaurant was out of food.i spent a lot of money for this stay and i expect to be able to order what is on the menu... this was very poor.. I ordered the pork belly. The food arrived and i have never seen such a sight. It was a nice cut of pork placed on what looked like vomit. this was a mixture of chick peas a milky substance and gravy mixed in. this not only looked like vomit but tasted terrible, that was in no way a four star presentation or a fours star taste, i asked for it to be taken away, the guy with the limp was so helpful and changed the dinner for pork and mash, this was better but still the food didn't seem to have has any care while being prepared , was very plate and go. I have eaten in 3 star hotels and the food has been better, the lamb however my wife had was very tasty, maybe it was poor choice on my part, however that shouldn't be reason for such poor presentation and cost, i actually heaved on the sauce with the Pork . in closing i would highly recommend this hotel, please do book the whooper the cottage is worth the premium. i am hoping from these comments the hotel may add some basic instructions and sign to wear lights slippers are ect. The restaurant staff are great but i'm afraid i was bitterly disappointed with the food. Again shout outs to Carly Dan Sam and the chap with the limp ( sorry to call him that but didn't catch his name) I would love to return but i hope my next visit the evening meal part of our experience is as luxurious as the cottage .

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Damian L
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Beautiful rooms both in the hotel and attached cottages. Excellent food in the privacy of the Library where we were looked after seamlessly - with great attention to every detail but without being intrusive to the party. This level of service and friendly attention extended to every member of staff and made the weekend very special. Many thanks.

Stayed: January 2018
Simon S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Wow, thank you for such kind words and the whole team will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your private lunch with us.

The Library is such a great space for a family get together and the log fire certainly makes it nice and cosy!

Look forward to welcoming you back to The Swan in the near future.

Best wishes

Simon and the team

Reviewed February 21, 2018

I booked the dragonfly room for 2 nights on Valentine's week for myself and my partner for the 1 year anniversary of our engagement, we paid nearly £200 a night so would expect at least a clean modern room, the staff were welcoming and freindly and very eager to show us the " best bathroom in the hotel " which we were excited to hear, until the reality kicked in when we were shown the bathroom and it was very tired and in need of an urgent update, the shower was so dark we had to use a torch, there were many broken tiles, the taps are rusty, the sink had a large crack in it, the large mirror has rust showing around the top, the blind was covered in dead flies and the main attraction the large jacuzzi bath had rusty stained jets and was very difficult to empty, which made it less romantic when having to get out the bath just to top up the hot water.

The room again was dated, it hadn't been hoovered there was a ball of the last occupants discarded hair, a large pin on the floor which stuck in my partners foot, tags off underwear left in the drawers, the paper the coffee mugs was on was stained with coffee so hadn't been changed, the wardrobe mirror was Hazy and cracked, the bear on the bed had a rather large hole in its rear end which left us wondering what had been done to it, and the worst thing was the BLOOD on the throw which was on the bed.

On our first night we were both woken by a very loud banging noise at 4.am which turned out to be the radiators, the maintenance guy came in the morning and bled the radiators which seemed to take an age so left us wondering when that was last done.

As for the rest of the hotel, the lift smelt funny, and it needed a Hoover ( just like our room ).

We did eat breakfast which was good, the staff were attentive and the food was very tasty, there was a good selection to choose from, although they had ran out of smoked salmon on the second morning.

We had lunch in the bar one day, my partner was told she couldn't have what she ordered so they gave her time to rethink but brought my food out before she had reordered leaving her watching me eat for five minutes before her food came.

There was one standout member of staff the young chap working behind the bar, he was new there only 19 but very knowledgeable and very polite and attentive.

Overall our stay was ok but the place has so much potential it could be so much better.

We were given a partial refund for the problems and were told the manager would be in contact but that has not been the case so far.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Thank you for your valued feedback both here and given to our Reception Manager upon check out and it is disappointing to hear of some of the issues you experienced which are certainly not the standard of hotel keeping that we are aspiring to. Your comments were thoroughly investigated at the time and actionned as necessary.

I am sorry to hear that you were expecting me to make contact however this was not promised by our team as it was felt that they had dealt with your issues there and then along with offering a reduction in the account. I shall certainly make contact now.

Regards

Simon Stanbrook

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a well intended small hotel with some pleasant design. Super friendly staff throughout. But, the meal in the brasserie was pretty atrocious and I suspect that they’ve got a massive difficulty getting chefs... The chefs they have at present can’t cook anything beyond basic cafe food. I had a dreadful starter of rhubarb spring roll that was so bitter I almost died, on a bed of lentils that were soft but conpletely tasteless. But OMG nothing could prepare me for the “rack of lamb” main course that was basically a dangerously under-cooked slab of meat with no flavour and completely out of sync with a pungent herby mash and a single undercooked parcel of ravioli. Lamb should be pink, but not just raw with swathes of cold fat on the edges...What little I actually ate was washed down with wine that had not neen chilled.
This place sums up why the UK hotel trade is in a mess. No quality, false promises and rubbish, expensive gunk served awkwardly.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2018

Thank you for your review and comments.

I was sorry to hear of your thoughts on our kitchen team specifically and the food you experienced with us last night. Should you wish to discuss this further I would be pleased to talk on 01285 740695.Certainly this is not the experience I would hope we are offering our guests and therefore would like to be able to apologise in person if necessary after investigating.

It is pleasing to hear that seemingly we are getting so many things right across the hotel which is good to hear and certainly friendly, caring staff is key to any hotels success.

Regards

Simon and the team.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

We made an email reservation for afternoon tea but on arrival no-one seemed to know about it. Quite confusing as to where to sit (the brasserie was merely a thoroughfare link between bar and restaurant) and all very chaotic with people near the door having to move out of their seats to make way for pushchairs). The afternoon tea itself was very poor value for money so all in all not impressed and won't be returning.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon S, General Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2018

I am really disappointed to hear of your experience with us here at The Swan and would like the opportunity to discuss with you in person.

Could you perhaps make contact at manager@swanhotel.co.uk or 01285 740695.

Best wishes