Broadlands Guest House(Bourton-on-the-Water)(Great Value!)
US$103
The Coach and Horses(Bourton-on-the-Water)(Great Value!)
US$106
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
The Red House East B&B(Bourton-on-the-Water)
The Lansdowne(Bourton-on-the-Water)
Chester House Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
  • Restaurant
The Mousetrap Inn(Bourton-on-the-Water)
Dial House Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
Agoda.com
Chestnuts Bed and Breakfast(Bourton-on-the-Water)
Priceline
Old Manse Hotel(Bourton-on-the-Water)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsquiet cul de sacvillage centrethank you for a lovelygreat locationcouple of nightslittle gemwithin walking distancebreakfast was deliciouspetebirdlandhostwindrushhousecotswoldsteaslandlord
Reviewed August 1, 2016

Before I wrote this, this B&B has attracted 22 excellent and 7 good reviews, none average or below. I struggled to be the first to give it a lower rating. Nevertheless, I wrote my experience here and let the reader be the judge.

Locationwise, it is perfect for a visit to Bourton-on-the-water. It is within walking distance to the village centre and all main attractions of the village. The house is on a side street and rooms are quiet.

The host Pete was extremely friendly, chatty and funny, both on the phone and on the site.

We are a group of 2 couples and occupied both of its double rooms for 2 nights. We were very happy that we were the only occupants and had the whole of the first floor to our own. One room is en suite with a bath (shower from the tap), one room is en suite with a standing shower. The room conditions were clean and tidy. Wifi is free.

Everything was almost perfect until we returned to our rooms after the first day. We found that our rooms were literally untouched. Beds were not made up. Used towels were not replaced. Consumed teas and coffees and bottled waters were not replenished. We asked for *extra* milk capsules but only a few of these were left in the kitchen. The main supply in the room was empty. We are environment conscious people and do not insist replacing towels, but to be honest, this is the first time I have ever been to an accommodation (of any standard) which the rooms remained untouched after one day of usage.

The English breakfast was average. There were fried eggs, baked beans, hash brown, sausage, bacons, chopped mushrooms, toasts, orange juicy and coffee. Everything was of very average supermarket quality. However, since the room price was only £60 for double room, I am not complaining. The coffee was very good.

Overall, it is a convenient B&B at a good price, but I could not give it more than average rating.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yu_Wai
confirm, Owner at Webbys Windrushwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2016

Hi we are sorry you felt disappointed with your visit to are bed and breakfast We are not a hotel Pete always ask if you would like any thing in the room as we don't go in the rooms unless it is a 3 day stay then we go in change bedding and clean the rooms Are breakfast ingredients come from the local butcher So we can only say sorry and if people don't tell us where we are going wrong and ask for there rooms to be changed

Reviewed July 1, 2016

My good friend and I received " a night away - no husbands, no kids" as a gift. We wanted a friendly place to stay, a short walk to shopping and restaurants, and on site parking. Pete and Webbys Windrushwalk delivered on all fronts! Pete could not have been more helpful and cooked up a wonderful breakfast. The room was nice, bed comfy and everything we needed. A 5 min walk into town and all the shopping was right there. We highly recommend!!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2016

I stayed two nights in April and it was excellent. The location is great, very close to the city centre yet really silent. Peter and his wife were extraordinary hosts, they treated me in a great way and even offered me some analgesics because I wasn't feeling well. The room is spacious and clean, the TV and wifi worked really well and the bathroom was very good as well. The price is great having in mind the quality of what you get. I'd definitely recommend this guest house to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank bungeoj
Reviewed July 5, 2015

We stayed for 5 nights at Webby’s Windrush Walk and it was a very splendid stay indeed! Guest house is only a 5 mins walk from the centre and next to the beautiful lake in Bourton on the Water, Birdland and Model Village. The breakfast was yummy and to top it all Peter and his wife are soooo nice and welcoming! My 5 year old daughter did not want to go back to the airport as she wanted to stay in Peter’s guesthouse forever and ever!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Juanita G
Reviewed October 26, 2014

We stayed only one night as we we're attending a wedding nearby. Peter is such a lovely man, it felt like we were staying with family! The breakfast was delicious! We got the works. The room was a good size, the bed was a little soft for my tastes, but comfy nonetheless. Lovely towels, soaps etc. Clean bathroom, with a good shower. We had our little 12 week old daughter with us too and Peter was so accommodating.

Such a good location and really reasonably priced, especially compared to the other B&Bs in the area. We're definitely planning a trip back.

• Stayed: October 2014