All reviewsthe pubconverted barnfaggotsbaked camemberta busy main roadroad noisefull englishnew ownerspowerful showerbeer gardenthe ground floorcar parkcreaky floorboardsfish and chipsplenty of hot watervisit bourtongreat room
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

We wanted to visit Bourton and stayed here for 1 night. We had a lovely time and would definitely stay again. The room was spacious and quiet and perfect for us as we could also take our 2 dogs. The pub was also great - we had lunch there and it was very good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
James1298, Owner at The Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights and found it a very charming cosy B&B. It is very close to Bourton on the Water situated on the main road. Plenty of space for parking and the room we stayed in was comfortable and clean. It was a nice touch to have bottled water as well as a range of teas, coffees and hot chocolate to choose from in the room. The rooms are separated from the main Inn, but only a few yards to walk across the car park. Breakfast was very good and well presented. Choice of cereal, yogurts, fruit and juice accompanied by a full English. We received a warm welcome on our arrival and made to feel at home by Sarah (The Proprietor).

Room Tip: For a quieter room choose one above as you can hear guests moving around being in a lower ground room
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie S

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We do hope you will visit us again if you are in the area. :-)

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

I stopped here when passing by as I had never been in and fancied a good pint and simple pub food. Both I got and we’re good. Nice layout, and I recommend the pub part, I can’t comment on the accommodation

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your pint and food.

Reviewed October 30, 2017

I made a late booking over the phone to stay at this pub; during the call there was no mention of a cancellation policy. Unfortunately, I had to cancel 2 days later due to a family member having an accident. I rang the pub on 5 occasions, speaking to 3 different people, before I managed to speak to the lady who had taken the initial booking. I had been told I had to give 3 days' notice and then 7 days' notice so even the staff didn't know what the cancellation policy was. Neither notice period was possible as my dates to stay were within 3 days of the original booking so it's a pity I wasn't fully advised when I first rang. I was very surprised and angry to be told I would be charged the full booking fee despite giving as much notice as I could in the unavoidable circumstances.I appreciate they have a business to run but I did not think it was fair for the full payment to be taken; how can it be right to charge for a breakfast that wasn't provided for example? There was no sympathy for my situation and no attempt at a resolution acceptable to both of us. Overall a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Firstly I would like to mention that originally you had booked with Booking.com which have all of our terms and conditions on their website. When you called myself you asked if I could do a better deal for you which I did.
Our cancellation policy has always been 7 days that has never changed.
I accept that you weren't happy that you were still charged, however this rule is in place to protect the business and you even accept this.
You attempted to cancel your booking with 1 days notice which is why we took payment. When I spoke to you you were very angry and shouting, I feel there could of been no resolution made, especially as you were already saying you were going to put this review on tripadvisor. However I would like to point out, on numerous occasions where there have been cancellations and even people having to go home due to sickness or deaths in the family I have always let the guest know I will rebook them free of charge, we have also agreed that if we can resell the room then we would give a refund, this simply was not possible with yourself as there was no reasoning and as I said on the telephone to you I will not be shouted at down the phone.

Reviewed October 10, 2017

This hotel is a gem. Free parking in their grounds and about a 30 min walk from the main town within Bourton on the Water. There is a bus, if you are lucky to see it! We stayed here on the night of the 9th October. We had a lovely welcome on our arrival, nice clean room and the bed was really comfy. Shower was really good too. This hotel is perfect if you are wanting to visit Bourton on the Water and you need to park your vehicle free of charge. Parking in Bourton on the Water doesn't really exist and if it does it will cost you. The price of the hotel was good too. The only downfall is, if there is someone staying above you, you will hear every foot step from above. We had a ground floor room and we heard footsteps from the guests above us, even when they got up to go to the toilet in the night. Luckily they were weren't that bad. The cooked breakfast was lovely, but the portion size was really small. Otherwise a lovely B&B, would recommend.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Cath G

Thank you so much for your review.