“Bit of a let down”

The Coach and Horses
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived for lunch and found the bar area fairly quiet and a little cold. Sadly there were no real ales available. Five of the items from the fairly limited menu were unavailable and then a sixth that I chose was then no longer available either. The food was served fairly slowly however when it arrived it was pretty good.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
James1298, Owner at The Coach and Horses, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review. I do apologise the time when you visited we must of been in the process of changing our local ale Prescott. The following day from when you visited we launched our new Menu so I do apologise for the lack of stock. I am very pleased to read however that you did enjoy your food once you received it.

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We booked a table for sunday 3 December. Although i was looking forward to their hamburger i had to have the chicken burger instead but it was just a nice. Very nice staff.. and outstanding service from the young lady who served us..highly recommended and will be booking next year on our next visit.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your Chicken Burger as your 1st choice wasn't available at the time... We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

Stayed at Coach and Horses on 1st December 2017 - Bedroom very large and cold, the bed very uncomfortable, duvet too small for the size of bed, pillows hard, bathroom en suite in need of updating, dirty round floor area. Breakfast was only just warm toast could have been cooked a bit longer - We paid £120.00p for the privilage - we should not have paid more than £60.00p. We would not recommend staying there.

Room Tip: There were only four rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I can only apologise that you found your room to be cold. Our King Rooms which you stayed in usually receive compliments with regards to the bed, comfort etc.. We are in the process of renovating our rooms at the moment. I only wish you would of notified myself of your unhappiness when you were checking out as I did ask as I do with everyone if you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We wanted to visit Bourton and stayed here for 1 night. We had a lovely time and would definitely stay again. The room was spacious and quiet and perfect for us as we could also take our 2 dogs. The pub was also great - we had lunch there and it was very good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights and found it a very charming cosy B&B. It is very close to Bourton on the Water situated on the main road. Plenty of space for parking and the room we stayed in was comfortable and clean. It was a nice touch to have bottled water as well as a range of teas, coffees and hot chocolate to choose from in the room. The rooms are separated from the main Inn, but only a few yards to walk across the car park. Breakfast was very good and well presented. Choice of cereal, yogurts, fruit and juice accompanied by a full English. We received a warm welcome on our arrival and made to feel at home by Sarah (The Proprietor).

Room Tip: For a quieter room choose one above as you can hear guests moving around being in a lower ground roo...
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie S

Thank you so much for this lovely review. We do hope you will visit us again if you are in the area. :-)

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

I stopped here when passing by as I had never been in and fancied a good pint and simple pub food. Both I got and we’re good. Nice layout, and I recommend the pub part, I can’t comment on the accommodation

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your review, we are so glad that you enjoyed your pint and food.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I made a late booking over the phone to stay at this pub; during the call there was no mention of a cancellation policy. Unfortunately, I had to cancel 2 days later due to a family member having an accident. I rang the pub on 5 occasions, speaking to 3 different people, before I managed to speak to the lady who had taken the initial booking. I had been told I had to give 3 days' notice and then 7 days' notice so even the staff didn't know what the cancellation policy was. Neither notice period was possible as my dates to stay were within 3 days of the original booking so it's a pity I wasn't fully advised when I first rang. I was very surprised and angry to be told I would be charged the full booking fee despite giving as much notice as I could in the unavoidable circumstances.I appreciate they have a business to run but I did not think it was fair for the full payment to be taken; how can it be right to charge for a breakfast that wasn't provided for example? There was no sympathy for my situation and no attempt at a resolution acceptable to both of us. Overall a disappointing experience.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Firstly I would like to mention that originally you had booked with Booking.com which have all of our terms and conditions on their website. When you called myself you asked if I could do a better deal for you which I did.
Our cancellation policy has always been 7 days that has never changed.
I accept that you weren't happy that you were still charged, however this rule is in place to protect the business and you even accept this.
You attempted to cancel your booking with 1 days notice which is why we took payment. When I spoke to you you were very angry and shouting, I feel there could of been no resolution made, especially as you were already saying you were going to put this review on tripadvisor. However I would like to point out, on numerous occasions where there have been cancellations and even people having to go home due to sickness or deaths in the family I have always let the guest know I will rebook them free of charge, we have also agreed that if we can resell the room then we would give a refund, this simply was not possible with yourself as there was no reasoning and as I said on the telephone to you I will not be shouted at down the phone.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bourton-on-the-Water
1 km away
1.3 km away
Broadlands Guest House
Broadlands Guest House
#4 of 27 in Bourton-on-the-Water

Been to The Coach and Horses? Share your experiences!