“A pleasant stay”

and 1 more site!
White Lodge Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #38 of 68 Cheltenham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We only stayed one night but this b&b is ideally situated just off the motorway. The place was very clean and the breakfast was ok. The garden was really nice. I would definitely stay here again if I visit Cheltenham again.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gazb0_62
There are newer reviews for White Lodge Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a last minute weekend away. The room was lovely and the attention to detail within the room was faultless, breakfast the first morning was fine, not amazing but it was just ok. Unfortunately on the second morning, after agreeing with the host that we would be down at 9 O'clock, we did not get a breakfast. She was in the kitchen when we went downstairs, it is a wooden staircase so you cannot be quiet, so I would be surprised if she didn't hear us. We waited for her for 25 minutes and there was no sign of anyone. Even if she did not here us, you would think she would come in to the breakfast room to check!! After waiting we decided to leave. A real shame as it ended a nice weekend away on a bad note. Overall not a terrible stay but I definitely would not return!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucy d
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Reading some of the reviews here (after arrival!) we wondered how some people could have said the negative things they did! From the start we felt comfortable and well provided for. The room was clean, nicely decorated and with all we needed for a comfortable stay. Two chairs provided comfortable TV watching, the bathroom was spacious and well equipped. Ok the shower wasn't a "power shower"!, but it was hot and wholly adequate. The bed was so comfortable we almost overslept on out last morning when we needed to get away promptly. Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice and, as the toaster was there to make your own from a wide selection of bread, it came hot and fresh not cold from the kitchen as in some places! We had no complaints at all and, next time we visit children and grandchildren in the area e shall check availability at "White Lodge". thank you.

Room Tip: I only saw one room but all seem good.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

When I first arrived at the lodge I was worried that we were on a busy main road, however my concerns soon diminished as the evening wore on. The rooms are well furnished and well-stocked - there is a fridge with fresh milk, there's tea and coffee provided and there is basic toiletries including a shaving kit and shoe polish.

The lady who greeted us was pleasant and very helpful, offering suggestions of things to do in the area.

The gardens to the rear of the property are a beautiful way to sit and spend an evening.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Pamelagay, Owner at White Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Bad owners don't care about dogs .WiFi no good .shower slow.breakfast undercooked.
Room small .kettle steam goes into back off TV .
Well where do we start .rung bell and someone opened door .we said who we are and said we had two dogs six month.and three year collie witch when said that he just look at us .but we did confirm this by email so could not refuse us.
Then was taken up stairs looking at items on the stairs I knew then we were going to have fun with our young dog going up stairs.the room was small and smells damp.
We brought our dogs in one at a time yes youngest did knock into the items on the stairs.
Later that eve we got a bang on the door telling us to remove dog mess from the carpet by the door .we did not know any think about it but way spoken I just felt we could walk out.
Yes did clear the little mess up and if we knew it was there we would have any way but did not know.

The next morning nothing was said from the owner when I took dogs out one by one not even good morning ect.

We put things in our car .then had breakfast and had to share a table .was not told any thing about toast .
Owner came in again nothing like good morning or any thing else .wife said two English breakfasts coffee and tea .
Breakfast came bacon was under cooked.egg was under cooked tomatoes were undercooked bake beans not many there .it was that bad I would never feed our dogs on it.
Again owner came in said nothing about how the breakfast was ect .I thought some one would have said about the garden there have about giving dogs a walk but nothing was said so dogs had to wait till glous services to be let out.

I ask wife to pay witch she did again nothing was said by owner about our stay .
Now back home we have now found our dogs have got fleas and never had fleas before .

So if your thinking off staying there I would think again its not Worth the money to stay there yes complained to them and booking dot com but to our surprise nothing.parking is also tight as you have to reverse into main road if you can't turn around in small carpark.
Tried leaving review on owners web site but be warned there check it first and then refuse to put bad feed back on it .there must be much better places then this around .
Internet works but you have to keep signing in as it keeps signing you out after a couple off minutes so got fed up with it and could not use internet

Next be warned feed back on this website owners reply but don't believe what owners say as customers are always right .

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Pamelagay, Owner at White Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2016

This review is not worth the time and effort to respond to. Suffice to say, it is totally unjustified and full of lies, all because ( I guess ) they were asked to clear the dogs mess from the landing outside their room!!

Reviewed 28 July 2016

Stayed just one evening to break up a journey travelling to Poole. Great location just off the motorway.Room was clean spacious and had great facilities plus comfy beds, Great breakfast in the morning friendly host. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Pamelagay, Owner at White Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

From the worst welcome where the owner didn't even remember my booking, despite the fact I'd emailed her and she had replied, and had to show her the email to prove it! She acted like I was lying. It was the worst welcome.
The room was fine. But the experience not good. In the morning we came down for breakfast and we were informed our dog wasn't allowed in the breakfast room, and she said put it in the car ( on a hot summers day!!!) we offered to sit outside, I even offered to wait for the food so she didn't have to bring it out and she said "this is not a cafe". So we had to leave and get breakfast elsewhere. Why allow dogs if you've nowhere for them at breakfast time? I emailed her afterwards and got insulting and quite frankly inappropriate responses from this owner. I wouldn't touch this place with a barge pole. I've never come across such shocking hospitality. And the Location is not great for the decent Centre of cheltenham. Don't waste your time. Go somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Pamelagay, Owner at White Lodge Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Thank you for your response. You failed to mentioned that you had booked a twin room single occupancy single price, you were not happy to pay for two people, you thought you could get it for the single price. House rules I do not allow pets in the breakfast room, I have to consider the other guests, who may not like dogs, or do not want them around while they are eating their breakfast. It was not hot as the timing was before 08.30, also you could have left him in the room but you said you could not leave him alone. Your partner suggested you ate separately, you refused, I don't think my email insulting or inappropriate, you were demanding a refund of the "extra" £15 you had to pay for the room and the £13 you paid for breakfast elsewhere. Breakfast was never refused but I was not prepared to spend time going back and fore the garden with all the bits and pieces needed for breakfast, it would take my time away from the other guests having breakfast as there were 7 in the room. You are just 1, and 1 of thousands over my 34 years in the trade. Sorry can't change the location, you must have known when you booked where the property was located. These bad reviews are not always the owners fault, it takes 2., and I don' see why people should get away with slating owners.