Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dennyp104
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting, beautiful cottage....but!”
Reviewed July 21, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at this cottage at the beginning of July. The area surrounding the cottage and the grounds in which it is situated are stunning. Winson is a pretty quintessential english village which charms you the minute you arrive. Spring cottage itself is just as charming and very well equipped, unfortunately on the day we arrived there was a musty smell to the place , it felt like it just needed airing. There was several dead wood lice dotted around the carpet that looked like they had been there a while. we went up to the bedrooms and found cobwebs on lamp flexes and in places visible to the eye. We pulled a bed to push the cover down and found rubbish pushed down the side of the bed.
We felt we should let someone know , but there is little or no mobile signal and no telephone so i immediately emailed manor cottages to let them know how we had found the cottage.
We then cleaned the property before the rest of our party arrived as we were there to celebrate a special birthday. as the evening progressed we had to wash items that had been used before we arrived and had been put away dirty , particularly things from the kitchen.

All this was easily rectified but the attitude of the Manor Cottages staff was unacceptable, I had a reply to my email that told me i should have contacted them straight away (I did) They made references to humans ( I think an attempt at sarcasm ) and tried to say the cottage had been cleaned before we arrived.
I replied to their mail sending photographs to show what we had found. Their answer to that was that they could not see any dirt in the pan, it was just a pan. I should expect cobwebs in an old cottage and a smell and I quote
" Wood louse and other crawling insects are a problem in older cottages especially those near water. In the warmer weather they do have a tendency to come out and there is no preventative measure to stop this happening. We have discussed this in great detail with pest control experts. They do not mean a cottage is dirty and will cause no harm"
Then surely you would vacumn it the day people arrive, open the windows to clear the air and make sure when you change the beds, there is not any rubbish or cobwebs floating around to give the wrong impression, Oh and check the kitchen.
As i quote again your own words Manor "We have spoken to the housekeeper in great depth and she was mortified at the complaint as she believed she had left it in a good condition"
From the conversation we had with Manor on the phone , the housekeeper is excellent and it was us that was at fault.

I have booked a lot of cottages and breaks in my time, but never have i had to deal with such an amateur, arrogant company as manor Cottages and we will certainly never again.

Without manor managing this rental i would recommend it, but not with them,

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing