All reviewstwin roomwarm roomlovely large roomold englishyoung girlrare breedgood selection of real alesfish fingersstayed here for one nightnarrow stairsfree public car parkmixed grillpower showersmall hotelthursday nightoverall impressionan excellent meal
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I stayed her overnight on Good Friday as i was attending a paranormal night at the nearby Ancient Ram
staff are lovely and friendly, i was in room 11 which is the attic room and up quite a few stairs, so if you mobility issues, make sure you say at booking, room was a good size and extremely clean, bathroom is also a extremely clean (i have high standards with bathroom cleanliness, and this exceeded my standards :-))
bed is very comfortable and i slept well
i ate in the restaurant before i went out and wasn't made to feel uncomfortable for being a lone diner, the guy was friendly
if you are out past midnight they do give you a key to get into a door just down from the front door
breakfast was great and check out easy
my only negative is the shower in room 11, its awful! water barely trickles out, and goes from scalding hot to freezing cold, there is no inbetween! as i was only there one night i ended up giving up on the shower as i barely even got wet and i couldn't stand under the water anyway as it was either too cold or too hot, so quick wash in the sink and waited until i got home. this is such a shame as the room /bathroom & hotel are lovely, i can only put it down to the water pressure not coping with the room being in the attic. i wouldn't let it put me off and i would stay again next time i am in the area but next time i will request a room with a working shower

Room Tip: Dont have a high up room if you have mobility issues
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
David H, Manager at The Swan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2018

Thank you for your feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and have looked into issues raised regrding the shower.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 17, 2018

Had a lovely short stay here, thanks Chris.
Quirky old hotel but nicely refurbished clean and comfortable
Lovely large room, Comfy bed, Fluffy towels, Space age shower...
Good food and Friendly staff
very much worth a visit

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Atirax

Thaank you for your kind feedback we endeavour to make all of our guests comfortable and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 15, 2018

The hotel is but a few paces off the Cotswold Way and Wotton Under Edge makes a good place to stop overnight. I was travelling alone and had been booked into room 11. At reception I was told that it was a little walk to get to the room and they offered an alternative (unspecified) room. I kept to room 11 which was up 4 flights of steps in the attic. The room was comfortably furnished but quite cold - I did find the heating switch and turned the heating on, which responded fairly quickly. The shower was an electric model with a feeble delivery of warmish water. Adequate but not very good.
The hotel had emailed me a few days before my stay to tell me that the kitchen was being refurbished and that there would be no cooked meals (evening or breakfast) available. However this was sent to me after the hotel had debited my credit card for the full amount of the stay - where was the goodwill gesture?
The continental breakfast was OK.
I have stayed in much worse and also stayed in much better hotels for the price charged.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank David_Ro

Hi David

Thank you for your review we appreciate all feedback from our guests.

I apologise for the late notice regarding the kitchen refurbishment but it was unfortunately out of our control.

Kind Regards

Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

I headed to the swan after discovering that I had no WiFi at home... it was morning and after some serious tapping at my key board I decided to order the bacon sandwich. It was amazing, hot buttered thick toast with delicious thick perfectly cooked bacon - and plenty of it. It’s the best bacon sandwich I’ve had in a long time. I had the company of a lovely cat and Hamish the dog - both residents I believe.
Well done Swan. It was so good I booked my own Mother’s Day lunch for Sunday, if it’s anywhere near as tasty as my sandwich we’ll be very happy.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Justayrtravel

Than you for your review, we appreciate all feedback fro our customers.

We hope you enjoyed your Mother's Day Lunch!

Reviewed February 15, 2018

After I'd booked I changed my requirements (room type) and rang the night before to confirm. ...and it was. A cracking room, lovely staff, fantastic food followed by a good breakfast and a newspaper "to go" really made for a lovely stay.
If you're staying after "walking" the hotel will provide a "boot box" which you can either leave in their boot room or (as I did) take to your room to dry out a bit...
The Swan was a thankful oasis in a very muddy trip down the Cotswolds Way!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jay H

Hi Jay

Thank you for your review we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back.