“Wonderful evening, great restaurant”
Review of Nicholsons

Nicholsons
Ranked #49 of 660 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Nicholsons offers some of the best value to be found locally, with a great selection of authentic Spanish tapas dishes and main courses including paella (served in a traditional paella pan), fresh fish and steaks. Open every day from 4.00 p.m Nicholsons is situated close to local bars, theatre and music venues and is just a short stroll from the seafront. At Nicholsons you can be assured a warm welcome, great food and friendly service. Booking is advisable during holiday periods and weekends.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening, great restaurant”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Enjoyed a wonderful evening with family last night in this cosy little Spanish restaurant. We chose 6 tapas dishes for our starters, incl amazing prawns and lamb kebabs, this was then followed by a chorizo and chicken paella that my husband and I shared - truly delicious. The kids enjoyed the cajun spiced chicken and fries, and my mum was impressed with her vegetarian chargrilled vegetable with goats cheese samosas. The kids finished the evening with a rather large ice-cream sundae.
The staff are rushed but attentive to your needs, there was a very noisy group when we arrived but fortunately they left and it was then a calmer but enjoyable lively atmosphere.
Highly recommend, good prices, easy parking outside, friendly staff, look forward to going back soon.

• Visited March 2012

Leeds
“good value food and good staff”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Called here after the game and took advantage of the "early birds" offer. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgable about both the wines and the food. The food did not disappoint and although we were there early it soon seemed to fill up so I would guess they would manage at least 2 sittings per table per night.

London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere & service... but it was the tapas that was the let down.”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Last week my partner & I decided to try out Nicholsons in Portsmouth, being described as the “best tapas in Portsmouth” and with a craving for tapas it made perfect sense to come here for lunch. We arrived about 4.15pm (they open at 4pm) and already had a couple seated inside, the lady who seated and served us was ever so friendly and made the whole dining experience that much more enjoyable.

Now if you visit Nicholsons before 6.30pm they have an offer of 5 tapas for the price of 4.

Overall I enjoyed the service & the ambiance, but for me the food didn’t live up to their “best tapas in Portsmouth” reputation. The chicken wings and meatballs were served lukewarm… like it was reheated but I noticed that this is quite common whenever we’ve had tapas. I think this restaurant could be a lot better because I have read good things about them… maybe it was down to our luck…?

Pictures and further details of my experience to Nicholsons can be found on my blog.

1 Thank LuxeHunter
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great food and good value. Cosy little restaurant.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We went on a tuesday night so it was quiet. The food was really good, we had three tapas to share followed by Paella. We washed it all down with two jugs of white wone and Morgans spice Sangria.. the best thing being it was half price sangria night!! Very nice waitress, friendly but not intrusive. I am looking forward to visiting again maybe on a weekend when there are a few more people in there.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Experience :]”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Friendly environment, Great food and service. would definately recommend and come again :D

1 Thank E L