“What an an amazing restoration ”
Review of HMS Warrior 1860

HMS Warrior 1860
Ranked #4 of 126 things to do in Portsmouth
More attraction details
Owner description: As you arrive at Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, the stunning sleek, black lines of Britain's first iron-hulled, armoured warship, take your breath away. Warrior, launched in 1860, was the pride of Queen Victoria's fleet. Powered by steam and sail, she was the largest, fastest and most powerful ship of her day and had a profound effect on naval architecture. Warrior was, in her time, the ultimate deterrent. Yet within a few years she was obsolete. Restored and back at home in Portsmouth, Warrior now serves as a ship museum, monument, visitor attraction, private venue and more. Open all year round, we invite you to experience her for yourself. Open daily from 10.00am except 24th, 25th & 26th December
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

On a season ticket for the dockyard at £35 this was the second visit. Warrior is a spectacular restoration project of a Victorian iron hull gun ship. Beautifully restored ship with 4 decks. There is a gift shop and cafe on board. It tells of life on board the vessel and you can really imagine the sailors lives.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,054)
All reviews
"board"
in 280 reviews
"deterrent"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Top tip, find a member of staff they are so knowledgable and you will be absolutely amazed when you here the story of this old shop.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Admittedly, my visit was really a haphazard add-on to my visit to Portsmouth. I wasn't able to get to the submarine museum so had an hour to kill. I am so glad I did. This ship is amazing! And I am not even a ship/navy buff. Prior to this, my view of a battleship is just the biggest ship in a board game. I am blown away by the immensity and the sturdiness of this ship. Because this ship sits near the Mary Rose and HMS Victory, many opt for its more renowned neighbours, but do take the time to wander through this giant of a ship.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited the Warrior before exploring the rest of the Dockyard. It is an impressive ship and well presented, preserved and restored. It was fantastic to explore with so much to see. A great visit. We will visit again, but not when it's snowing next time so that we can enjoy the deck more!