All reviews florence arms mercer collection superior suite parking permit lovely hotel cooked breakfast visit southsea mercer group beautiful room a ground floor room on arrival l'occitane toiletries gastro pub quiet road power shower close proximity a lovely stay
Reviewed October 4, 2015

Very friendly staff, beautiful room and a great location - we couldn't have asked for more!

We went because it was our anniversary and the staff couldn't have been nicer to us. We had a little card in our room and when we went to The Kitchen for dinner they had put hearts on the table! Best service we have experienced and the food was delicious! A huge thank you to everyone at Somerset House and The Kitchen for such a lovely mini break!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sparry114
Reception1113, Manager at Somerset House Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2015

Thank you for this 5* review of Somerset House. I was absolutely delighted when I read the opening line ...'Very friendly staff, beautiful room and a great location'. Its great to know the hotel filled all of your needs and most importantly you enjoyed your mini-break away with us. We love to make people feel special so it was a pleasure to be able to decorate the table at dinner for your anniversary and make your stay that little more personal. Best Wishes.

Reviewed October 3, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and were thoroughly satisfied with the product maintenance and staff service, with a special mention of Mary who was a true brand ambassador for The Mercer Group. Will definitely stay there on my next visit to Portsmouth.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank singh_mukul70

Thank you for this short and sweet review of Somerset House. I'm thrilled you were thoroughly satisfied with your stay and the service you received over your two night break. I'm pleased to read you will be returning to us next time you are in Portsmouth. Please don't hesitate to call us next time you are visiting so we can arrange a perfect stay.

Reviewed September 16, 2015

This hotel was a delightful surprise. Just five minutes' walk from the beach and promenade, this delightful home from home is ideally placed. The house has been fully renovated to real boutique hotel standard and is wonderfully comfortable. The staff were all fabulous - very helpful and nice. Breakfast, which was included in the rate, was an experience in itself. Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley236
Reception1113, Manager at Somerset House Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2015

I love the title of the review! I'm thrilled to read you could thoroughly relax during your stay and had a well deserve rest! I'm pleased the location of the hotel met all your needs being just minutes from the seafront as well as the delightful room you stayed in. Thank you for all your kind words regarding our staff, I will share them with the team. Breakfast is freshly cooked to order to cater for individuals taste, next time you are in the area you will have to try our fabulous Autumn menu at The Kitchen. Thank you again for leaving this lovely review. Best Wishes.

Reviewed September 13, 2015

Wanted somewhere special for a birthday celebration. This hotel group sounded interesting and I assumed it would be really special for the cost. It was clean, comfortable, close to the sea and well appointed, and breakfast was good - but was it worth the £375 for one night which we were charged? Absolutely not. Feel like we were taken for a ride. I've stayed in upmarket B&Bs which were equally as good, and for a fraction of the price.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
Reception1113, Manager at Somerset House Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2015

Thank you for leaving us a 4 star review and for your kind comments. I'm glad you enjoyed the room and breakfast and indeed the upgrade to our best Suite with Double Bath and Rain shower.

As you note the rate was higher than normal but, as we explained prior to your stay with us but has been omitted from the review, one of the largest events across Hampshire and West Sussex was taking place - the Goodwood Revival Festival and as such there was a very high demand for rooms. In the industry whether flight, hotel or package holiday demand drives the price. Indeed, the Holiday Inn were charging £400 for a basic room without breakfast on this date! We feel we certainly were still offering fair value and quality accommodation for a lesser price.

We are pleased we could upgrade you for your special occasion, arrange a special birthday welcome for your husband in our restaurant and start your celebration weekend off in a lovely Suite.

We hope we can welcome you another time on a non event weekend for second stay

Best wishes

Somerset House

Reviewed September 13, 2015

The taxi driver told me I was staying in the best hotel in Portsmouth, after speaking to conference colleagues and though I have not stayed in any other hotels in Portsmouth, I tend to agree with him.

This unique boutique hotel which is part of a group of houses on two streets, is clean and fresh looking with friendly and helpful staff.

Thankfully it wasn't raining during my stay, or the trip across the road to breakfast would have been different.

Room service was very efficient with a very quick turn around from ordering to delivery.

Any interaction with management from a request from non feathered bedding to a misunderstanding from housekeeping was met with professionalism and great customer service.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business

We loved reading you describe the hotel as 'the best hotel in town'. Wow what an amazing compliment! Thank you! We were delighted to carry on reading all your kind comments about Somerset - 'clean and fresh looking with friendly and helpful staff'. Thank you again for such a lovely review. Best Wishes.