“Lovely lunch”

Carluccio's - Southampton
Ranked #16 of 933 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Description: An Italian restaurant located in Southampton in West Quays Shopping Centre. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offer a broad range of classic Italian food.
Reviewed April 29, 2017

My mother and I visited Carluccio's last Thursday as a treat. Despite the restaurant being super busy at the time, the staff were very attentive and our meals arrived very promptly at our table - a testament to the efficiency and professionalism of everyone working that day. Everyone was friendly and polite, and special acknowledgement must go to our server, Ed, who was charming, enthusiastic and helpful!
The food was great too - I very much enjoyed my ravioli al limone, which was delicate, creamy and very tasty! We also picked up some pasta from the deli - ravioli with boar's cheek - and I really can't wait to try it!

Dear Celine,

Thank you very much for your glowing review. The team are appreciative of your high praise. Ed was especially proud to have his name mentioned by you about how excellent his service was!

I hope you enjoyed your fresh torteloni from our deli as well!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Had a great meal. Ed the waiter was superb; very attentive. Nice atmosphere. Reasonably priced. I will be recommending to others.

Hi Bill,

Thank you very much for your great review! I have shared this review with Ed and he was thrilled to be mentioned!!

We look forward to inviting you back soon.

Take care,

Katherine

Reviewed April 27, 2017

It is some considerable time since my wife and I visited West Quay in Southampton, but today was a day to ourselves, and we were looking forward to it excitedly. No dog, no grandchild, no work etc !!
Nothing - only our own pleasure.
Expecting to our having lunch in John Lewis, I was surprised and pleased to spot that Carluccio's had opened a site within the shopping complex.
Knowing that Carluccio's served good food (having visited other of their chain in London) I was very happy to book a table for our lunch on this day.
Having been shown to our table, we were served by a most pleasant young lady, pretty, polite and smiling, who was eager to ensure that our visit was a pleasurable one.
Our drinks were served very quickly (we must have looked as though we needed them !), as was our meal.
We had chosen the 'Grandioso Board' which consisted of a large number of different meats,cheese, etc - creating a most enjoyable antipasti lunch, quite sufficient for both my wife and I.There is no way we could have eaten a main meal even had we wished.
We completed our meal with a simple coffee, thereby ending our experience of this meal fully replete.
I have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant/deli to anyone visiting West Quay, and will certainly re-visit on our next shopping spree.

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your glowing review. I have shared this with the team - they were all very appreciative of your high praise!

We hope to see you again soon so you can continue enjoying our food and service!

Reviewed April 27, 2017 via mobile

We went to carluccio's in west quay southampton..the food was great and the service was the best we received in years..the waiter called Ed was very nice and he was always making sure we were ok..he is an asset to carluccios..the manager, Sam, was very pleasant too..always there for us..all in all the food was great and the service was really first class..well done Ed and Sam.we will definately visit carluccios again.
Thank you..

Hi,

Thank you for you lovely review. Ed was very proud to hear you call him an asset to Carluccio's - we agree and have given him an incentive to congratulate him! Sam was also very happy to be mentioned in your review - thank you so much!

We hope to see you again very soon to continue enjoying our food and service.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

An excellent restaurant as you would expect with the Antonio Carluccio brand. The food and wine were first class and the table service from our waitress Maya was exceptional. Her patience and friendliness helped enormously to make our lunch not just lunch but an occasion. My wife and I had plum tomato bruschetta to start and she followed with mushroom risotto while I had the spaghetti beef ragu. Altogether it was a wonderful experience.

Hi,

Thank you so much for you lovely review. Maya was delighted to hear that she had pleased you with her service. We have given her an incentive to congratulate her. We're delighted you enjoyed our food as well - our kitchen team work very hard to make sure everything is delicious!

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!