Mayview Guest House
Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$57
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$74
  • Pool
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$79
US$76
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$73
The Blue Keys(Southampton)
US$82
US$79
Orbitz.com
Premier Inn Southampton City Centre Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
US$70
PremierInn.com
Hunters Lodge(Southampton)
US$86
US$84
Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Premier Inn Southampton Airport Hotel(Southampton)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull english breakfastmayflower theatrestayed hereshower roomwill stay there againcity centrehome from homeneeded somewheretrain stationwithin walking distanceone night stayguesthousestopovertoiletcruise
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Booked this place as we wanted to be close to the theatre as we were seeing Joel Dommett. As we arrived we were advised there would be parking on site. There was no parking. Only signs among the road saying you could only park there between 8am and 9pm mon - sat. Not good if you we're staying here during the week. Sunday you would be fine if you was leaving early.

We rang the doorbell only for no one to answer so we had to call this number only for someone to come from another b&b to check us in. We were left outside in the rain for a good 10 minutes.

Room was okay, not the best. One of the twin beds was very creaky. The runners on the beds were stained. We didn't have any towels in the room so had to ring again and ask for them. The beds were uncomfortable with hard pillows. Alright for only one night but I wouldn't advise more than that.

Breakfast was mediocre. We weren't greeted so we found our own seat and helped ourself to juice, which was warm as was left in the room temperature.
After about 10 minutes a middle eastern women came and said 'what you having?' No menu for us to look at. We didn't even know what was on the full English.

We ordered the full English and it arrived within less than 5 minutes which proved that it wasn't cooked from fresh and was just left in an oven to warm. Despite that the beans were cold, and so was the toast!

Wouldn't stay here again due to this experience despite it being so close to the theatre.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chxrleehissey
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I arrived in the middle of the afternoon. The road this B&B is in was littered with rubbish. My first warning sign!! The front of the Mayview was littered with broken tiles, rubbish and debris. I was 'greeted' (and I use that term loosely) by what only I can describe as an angry looking Philippine/Thai older woman who was far from friendly. In fact I'd go so far to say she was rude. I was shown into this guest house which was carpeted with a beige stained and filthy carpet throughout. She took me through the hallway and opened a cupboard door. She didn't seem to be able to read and 'told' me to tell her which my name was from a long list. I don't think she could read English as I pretty much had to book myself into this god awful place. I was given a key to my room. I asked was there anywhere near to eat and how to get to town. The woman just pointed at the door and said everything is in town!!??? I noticed all the walls and doors had marks, holes and were in much need of repair. Prior to booking I read reviews. A while back a guy wrote that he'd just taken over and changes were happening. These replies to reviews were 10/12 months ago and I can assure you they weren't made! The runner on my bed was ripped and stained and the towels provided in my room were grey and rough feeling. In the dining room when I arrived was a huge pile of laundry scattered over a table. The woman who answered the door was apparently ironing there!!!!! The shared bathroom was completely outdated and scruffy. Breakfast was ok, very poor quality cheap food. The lady who was there in the morning was more friendly and helped a with her knowledge of surrounding areas and amenities. Please avoid this place at all costs. It really ruined my trip :(

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We booked a double room, we were allocated room 2 which was through the dining room out into the rear garden the into a small broom cupboard of a room,
The room was so small the double bed was touching the wall on one side with just about enough room to stand on the other, to make tea or coffee you had to move the kettle to the bedside table and fish for the extention lead under the bed to plug it into, the tv was mouted on the side wall by the side of the bed so when you sit in bed you can hardly see it,
My real gripe was the so called ensuite, this was so small when using the very small sink if you bent over you needed the sliding door open this giving you no privacy as anyone walking by or using the garden could see straight into the room as it had a clear glazed door and curtains that were impossile to close witout leaving a gap somwhere either in the middle or each end.
Breakfast was ok instant cheap coffee and only had one flavour of jam available ( Apricot )
IWe thought £70 for this size room and faciliteies was way to much.
We felt this room should only be a single allowing more space for a proper size ensuite

Room Tip: ask not to be put in room 2
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alan L
Reviewed July 14, 2017 via mobile

I Stayed Here for 1 night on Sunday 9th July 2017 for the Graduation of my daughter from the Solent University which was a 10 minute walk away. Looks can be deceiving as from the outside it does look a little bit on the rough side but I think the whole street does but on entering I was in for a very pleasant surprise. I was greeted by a very friendly young lady who was happy to explain everything I needed to no about my stay including the car park next door which was £5 per night. As I turned up on a Sunday evening I was informed that I could park outside the front until 8.30 am the following morning.
The room although very small had everything I needed for a nights stay. Tea and coffee making facilities, small tv and room to put your clothes. The room was very tastefully decorated and very clean and tidy. The shared shower room and toilet was on the small side but really was not a problem .You have to remember you are paying for a budget B&B not a 5 star hotel and a very tidy, comfy and pleasant B&B at that. Breakfast was Served at 7 am and how wonderful it was. Home from home you wouldn't get better in a five star believe me.
All in all I had a terrific stay and would recommend it to anyone. Well done and many thanks to all the staff.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2017

Warm welcome, had one of the downstairs room in the new extension not big but large enough for a Very Comfortable double bed on one wall and a Shower room in the cupboard (get undressed in the room and same for the toilet) i think the term is compact but it was great. Good sleep and a good breakfast.Very nice host would definitely go back if i went to Southampton overnight. Just over the road and round the corner from the Mayflower Theatre. Very Good Value for money.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple