All reviews full english breakfast mayflower theatre shower room home from home stayed here needed somewhere tea and coffee train station one night stay guesthouse soap furniture toilet cruise
Reviewed November 5, 2017

Can't fault the service and the owner was very nice and helpful. There is no allocated parking but we were lucky to get a space outside the guest house, but during the day you can only park there for 2 hrs as it is permit holders only, after 6pm it's ok!! The rooms are ok but are not en-suite which was a disappointment but they are clean and beds comfy! Breakfast was good! Ok for one night!

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Speciallady13
Reviewed October 29, 2017

Justine B mentioned the litter in the street. Yes the street was littered with rubbish. Not good first impressions. I arrived and was given a key but was not told where the room was by the Filipino woman. The single room at the top was clean, with a sink. There was a compact and bijou toilet & shower on the landing which was again clean. The room sufficed my needs and budget. There was tea/coffee making facilities (no decaf), and a TV.

Breakfast on the first morning was smaller than the second. I asked for no tomatoes but got one, asked for poached and got fried. So I wondered if the Filipino understood English. The second morning I received a better breakfast.

The B&B was in an ideal place for the Theatre, Art Gallery, and town centre generally. And in Bedford Street, not far away are the fast food outlets.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank ianrwilliams62
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

This is the third time I have stayed here and it's a great little budget B&B. Noopin the manager is friendly and helpful. Always feel safe and it's very centrally located to town. Happy to recommend this place :)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Booked this place as we wanted to be close to the theatre as we were seeing Joel Dommett. As we arrived we were advised there would be parking on site. There was no parking. Only signs among the road saying you could only park there between 8am and 9pm mon - sat. Not good if you we're staying here during the week. Sunday you would be fine if you was leaving early.

We rang the doorbell only for no one to answer so we had to call this number only for someone to come from another b&b to check us in. We were left outside in the rain for a good 10 minutes.

Room was okay, not the best. One of the twin beds was very creaky. The runners on the beds were stained. We didn't have any towels in the room so had to ring again and ask for them. The beds were uncomfortable with hard pillows. Alright for only one night but I wouldn't advise more than that.

Breakfast was mediocre. We weren't greeted so we found our own seat and helped ourself to juice, which was warm as was left in the room temperature.
After about 10 minutes a middle eastern women came and said 'what you having?' No menu for us to look at. We didn't even know what was on the full English.

We ordered the full English and it arrived within less than 5 minutes which proved that it wasn't cooked from fresh and was just left in an oven to warm. Despite that the beans were cold, and so was the toast!

Wouldn't stay here again due to this experience despite it being so close to the theatre.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chxrleehissey
Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

I arrived in the middle of the afternoon. The road this B&B is in was littered with rubbish. My first warning sign!! The front of the Mayview was littered with broken tiles, rubbish and debris. I was 'greeted' (and I use that term loosely) by what only I can describe as an angry looking Philippine/Thai older woman who was far from friendly. In fact I'd go so far to say she was rude. I was shown into this guest house which was carpeted with a beige stained and filthy carpet throughout. She took me through the hallway and opened a cupboard door. She didn't seem to be able to read and 'told' me to tell her which my name was from a long list. I don't think she could read English as I pretty much had to book myself into this god awful place. I was given a key to my room. I asked was there anywhere near to eat and how to get to town. The woman just pointed at the door and said everything is in town!!??? I noticed all the walls and doors had marks, holes and were in much need of repair. Prior to booking I read reviews. A while back a guy wrote that he'd just taken over and changes were happening. These replies to reviews were 10/12 months ago and I can assure you they weren't made! The runner on my bed was ripped and stained and the towels provided in my room were grey and rough feeling. In the dining room when I arrived was a huge pile of laundry scattered over a table. The woman who answered the door was apparently ironing there!!!!! The shared bathroom was completely outdated and scruffy. Breakfast was ok, very poor quality cheap food. The lady who was there in the morning was more friendly and helped a with her knowledge of surrounding areas and amenities. Please avoid this place at all costs. It really ruined my trip :(

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends