“Fabulous birthday celebration”

Ranked #22 of 963 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of the area's most friendly, and welcoming Italian restaurants, Piccolo Mondo 1 is the oldest in the city, having been established since 1969.Piccolo Mondo is open for lunch and evening meals. With seating for only 34 people, it is small enough to have an intimate atmosphere, but also welcomes families.There is a good choice of value for money meals including authentic pizzas and pastas, together with a selection of fish, meat and vegetarian dishes, and not forgetting their home-made bread and desserts. Smaller sized meals are available for children. Parties of up to 25 people can be catered for
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were a party of five, visiting Piccolo Mondo for a family birthday celebration. The owners and staff made this a memorable occasion for us.We were given a warm birthday welcome, Delicious food with excellent service, as always. Delicious rack of lamb, tender steak, and beautiful fish.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I'd not been here for over 20 years and wanted to take some friends for our monthly catch-up to somewhere 'different'. We always try and avoid chains and by chance I'd sat in traffic and seen the restaurant the week before.
From the moment we sat down, we knew we'd made a great choice! It was packed - with not a seat to spare - and such a warm atmosphere. The staff were attentive but not pushy and were happy to recommend both the specials or items from the standard menu.
We'd been told we had to have the garlic bread and boy we weren't disappointed... As another poster has said on here it is easiest the best in Southampton. For main course I had gorgonzola gnocchi (a firm fav of mine) and it didn't disappoint. I had to leave some for no other reason other than the portion was just too big. On that note, we didn't have any room for dessert but from what we witnessed from other diners, they looked amazing too.

All in all we had a great night and we won't be waiting 20 years to return - we won't even be waiting 20 weeks!

1  Thank EnglishRusty
Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Daughter and myself enjoyed a delicious traditional meal here, not your corporate standard Italian, authentic delicious and highly recommended! Lovely red wine as well!

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Was on my first date with my beautiful woman and wanted it to be extra special. I’m happy to say it was perfect night , thanks to the great service and the very well made food. Will definitely be back again with my special lady

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 5, 2018

My wife and I went here for dinner on Saturday evening. It's a small place (so make sure you book) but I can honestly say it's the best Italian meal we've had in years. The waiter was really friendly and good fun, the place was packed and had a great atmosphere and the food was first class.

We absolutely loved everything about this restaurant and may well take another trip to Southampton just to have a meal here again!

Date of visit: November 2018