New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersBronze level
Australia
“great post cruise stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Spent 1 night at this hotel at the end of a cruise. The location is very close to the cruise terminals & is also only a few minutes walk from the train Station & nearby shopping mall.
The hotel is very clean & efficient & has all the basics. Nothing luxurious but ok for a couple of nights. The bathroom was plain but once again was all you need. The only real negative for us was the lack of an in room safe. Somewhere to store a laptop, etc, while out of the room would have been nice. All staff encountered were very friendly & our early check in was well appreciated.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ozpix
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank's for your kind comments. They really appereciated.
Israel Navarro

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We spent 6 days in Southampton. the Ibis was close to the train station. Also to the free bus. It was also very close to West Quay Mall.
The staff was wonderful Agnes and Abbey are the best.
Their food was also good.
Great place to stay if you are cruising out of Southampton.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank fiorita
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Glad you had a good time! Hope to see you again.
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

My stay with you was very comfortable and was just for 2 nights. I will stay with you again when I next visit Southampton.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Herbieboy
Many thanks for your kind words. I’m glad my team made your stay enjoyable.
Ascot, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed at the Ibis Hotel for 2 nights for a business trip and was pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. It is located close to the main port terminals and also within walking distance of the town centre and the train station. The hotel has a car park which cost me £5 for my 2 night duration, so very good value I feel.

I arrived late in the evening of my first night and my first impression from the reception and bar area was that it was a clean, modern hotel. The staff on reception were very helpful and even helped me with my bags. On arriving to my room on the third floor (room 319) I was not sure what to expect as the lift and corridor don't look anywhere near as new as the reception downstairs (I think they could so with a bit of an update!) However my room was spacious and clean, with a view overlooking the front car park and the port in the distance. The bathroom was spotless and a good size, and there was plenty of storage space. My only real gripe with my room was the interconnecting door to the room next door. It had no real lock on it, just a chain that allowed the door to be opened a few inches. Thankfully next door were 2 other ladies who were at the hotel for the same business conference I was, but I was briefly worried that someone could/would try to get in to my room.

I went to the bar only once and although the ladies there were very funny I felt the prices were a little high (£2 for a bottle of water) and had breakfast both days which I thought was ok, nothing amazing to say about a fry up really! There was also plenty of cereal to choose from and some continental options such as pastries. Plenty of tea and juice at the self-service machines too.

Overall I have come away from the Ibis Hotel with a good experience, I would definitely recommend it to my customers and any friends/family who were staying in Southampton for a couple of nights, and I will be returning the night before my cruise at the end of August!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front car park - you can see a handful of the cruise ships that are i...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Southmanager, General Manager at Ibis Southampton Centre, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back .
Dawlish, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

The hotel is in a very good location near to the town. The car parking was convenient and at £5 per day wasn't too expensive. Check in was easy and the staff were very freindly and helpful.

The (standard double) room was fine as long as you didn't spend too long in it. The bed was on the firm side (good for me but not for the wife) but the water was hot and the shower worked well. It just wasn't somewhere you would want to lounge and hence why I think it would be better for short stays or stays when you not in the room too much.

Breakfast (extra cost of £7.50 per head) was very disappointing. Tasteless with, what seemed to me to be, cheap ingredients (the baked beans were fine though). It would have been a better idea to go into town for breakfast.

In summary, it cost £170 for two nights (including parking and 2 x breakfasts) which is fine I guess in this day and age. We would go back if we were spending another night or two in Southampton but would also have a look around to see what else is available. There is a bar but we didn't use it so I can't comment. Top marks to the staff

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 24722201
My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit. . We look forward to welcoming you back