“Incredible!! ”

The Railway Inn
Ranked #51 of 944 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$11 - US$16
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Wow!! Thankyou so much for the most amazing food!! Your Sunday roast was gorgeous, most definitely the best food locally , it tasted home cooked, great flavour to the meat and choice of veggies .. the staff are exceptional, nothing too much trouble for us bunch of fuss pots. In a relaxed family environment.. Perfect ending to a lovely weekend.. Thankyou all

1  Thank Melanie W
George B, Owner at The Railway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2017

Wow thank you for such a wonderful review!

I am delighted you all enjoyed everything so much. We have worked so long and hard to achieve this and your review is so important!

We love fuss pots, just to prove we can do anything ;)

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Kay :)

Reviewed September 14, 2017

We love the Railway Inn. Staff are attentive and the food is fabulous and always comes out hot. The roasts are an absolute must!
They have a great pub quiz on a monday night which is very popular with the locals. Prices i think are very reasonable for the quality of food.

1  Thank Trudy C

Thank you Trudy for an amazing and very fair review!

Just for your info, we won't be hosting the pub quiz during December for obvious reasons, too busy with Christmas parties haha! But should be returning in January please check on our website for dates.

Thank you thank you once again....

Kay, :)

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

Visited with my family and had such a delicious roast! Lovely atmosphere on a miserable Sunday, food was timely could not fault, would absolutely recommend to anyone looking for somewhere for a Sunday roast

1  Thank lydia b
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Last night we visited the Flag and Ragged Staff in Romsey as a family rather than for a working lunch as I had done every day last week and it was excellent in every respect. This evening we went to the Railway Inn which had been recommended to us.
The place is lovely, the people friendly but the food nowhere close to being the standard of last night. Really unfortunate. Not bad, just not as good as it could have been for the price.

1  Thank xmroots

Hi,

So so sorry you did not enjoy your experience here with us!

Wow, you had a busy week visiting The Flag every day last week!

I cannot imagine how awful the food must have been for you as we have an extremely high standard. We offer completely fresh food and all homemade. How your evening could have been so bad is baffeling but I apologise frofusely for the let down!

I do hope you may return to try us again as I am confident we offer the highest quality pub food possible!

I wonder if you aired your dissatisfaction on the night and wonder how this was resolved. I do apologise that I have no recollection of this evening.

I am saddened by your review but will be taking action.

Kay :)

Reviewed August 27, 2017

Staying at the Hilton Ageas Bowl 3 miles away so came here for dinner having read tripadvisor for tips. Staff (Dan M), food & beer made for the perfect evening. Just what we were looking for. There were so many lovely choices on the menu and coupled with the specials board it took 15 minutes just to narrow down our choices. We shared tempura vegetables in a subtle wasabi dressing for starter. Enough for the 3 of us to have a few pieces each - asparagus, courgette, mushrooms. Mains were burger, supreme of chicken and duck in apple and calvados sauce. All perfectly cooked. Great veg. Great sauces. Prices good. Service good. Shame. If I lived closer I would definitely return.

1  Thank whitehart14

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

Yes Dan is a cheeky chappy but a great asset to our team.

I am so pleased that you popped in and enjoyed your visit so much.

Please do visit us again if you are ever in the area!

Kay. :)