“Wonderful”
Review of Max`s Brasserie

Max`s Brasserie
Ranked #11 of 963 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Description: Max's Bar and Brasserie is situated in the heart of Oxford Street that it is the site of Southampton's cosmopolitan. About Max's Bar & Brasserie There are many Italian or Italian style restaurants in the UK. In our mind there are two types. There's the national chain where everything is decided at head office and made to a particular price point. Then there's the authentic Italian run and owned family restaurants where food is passion and a way of life. We have nothing against the chains but we do things differently at Max's. When you visit Max's you're treated like a family member. You'll often find adjacent tables talking to each other and making friends. This isn't a marketing gimmick. It's just the Italian way. In the kitchen we have Gennaro from Napoli in the Campania region of Italy. Between them they have more than 30yrs experience in the kitchen. Everything on the menu is created with I don't forget to try the world famous Balsamic G&T ,,,
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Fantastic fish here. Would've eaten there every night of my stay in Southampton if I had my way. Very friendly.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic evening
Great atmosphere
Superb food
The staff were excellent
Max was a convivial and generous host

Reviewed October 27, 2018

The service was decent, the food was just okay. For what you get I feel that it was overpriced. We ate here the first night of our three night visit to the area. We found much better places the rest of our trip.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

This family owned restaurant in my opinion is the best in Southampton for Italian cuisine. The environment is very cosy and the people there very friendly. If you want to take your guests to a restaurant and know that they will have a great food experience I strongly recommend this restaurant. The risotto with mushrooms is the best I ever had but I also recommend pollo vesuvio.

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Once again a very enjoyable evening, only my second visit but I shall certainly go again. Service was friendly and quick with good explanations of the menu when required. The food lived up to my expectation and my guest who had not visited before was very pleased with her choice of scallops followed by monkfish. The only downside is that booking via the website doesn't work, not a big problem but in my case I was at sea with no mobile signal so had to confirm later but a little extra effort was worth doing.

1  Thank PB777