“Last minute gem”
Review of Soleto

Soleto
Ranked #16 of 963 Restaurants in Southampton
Description: ITALIAN RESTAURANT MEETS BISTRO STYLE DINING Soleto is based in the theatre district of Southampton, only a stones throw away from the Mayflower Theatre in Commercial Road. Offering a great selection of Italian and Bistro dishes, Soleto is perfect for any occasion. Try dishes like Gamberone: Pan fried tiger prawns with garlic, white wine,butter, lemon and cherry tomato served on crostini or Fegato Veneziana: Calves liver served with mashed potato and vegetables. red wine, onion, rosemary and pancetta sauce. We wont dissapoint.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were actually booked into a different restaurant for our pre theatre meal but they cancelled late that afternoon due to technical issues. They recommended this restaurant and when I called this one had room. We arrived a little late due to traffic so by the time we ordered it was about 630 yet we had a main and dessert and had paid by 715. Amazing food, served hot, good ingredients and well presented. It is advertised on Google as a fish restaurant but I would say traditional Italian as they had pizza, pasta, fish and meat dishes. Very cosy atmosphere and friendly service. Not very big so suggest booking. Even the toilets deserve a mention as they were clean, quaint and had amazing scented candles burning. I will definetly go again.

2  Thank tfc5

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

after passing by this restaurant one night I vowed to book to eat here. the styling from the outside is welcoming, modern Italian.

I e-mailed in advance of our booking to get allergen information and dishes suitable for vegan and gluten free diet. The chef/owner was happy to help and walked me through my choices.

It was a quieter mid week night, so the chef greeted us upon arrival to explain what other allergen friendly choices he had created, and there were loads.

I was eating with friends and my husband who do not have any allergen requirements and all our meals were perfect and delicious.

We ordered a sicilian White wine (everyone enjoyed it). Other dishes we ordered were bruschetta, antipasti, stuffed mushrooms to start. for mains veggie risotto (and it as the creamiest vegan risotto I've ever had). other dishes included chicken, and various pasta dishes. everything was presented beautifully and the tastes were to die for.

even though it was quiet, we did not feel rushed and we enjoyed our 3 courses at relaxing pace. finished with the panna cotta, tart and homemade sorbets for me in apple, chocolate and raspberry.

highly recommend.

3  Thank karlateamspice
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed at The Premier Inn at Cumberland Place for two nights, a three minute walk to the Mayflower Theatre in Southampton where we had booked to see Jools Holland and his band on Sunday 4th November at 7,30 p.m. We had also booked to see 'Benidorm' the next evening. We decided to look for somewhere to eat about 5p.m. and having had a quick stroll along Commercial Road, decided to see if The Soleto Restaurant could fit us in before the performance. What a gem. A warm welcome from the waitress and shown to a table for two. The restaurant is cosy, warm and decorated with great taste. Most welcoming. The menu offered excellent choices and the drinks were served swiftly and our order taken. I WISH WE HAD THE SOLETO NEAR US! Our meals were SO good, we returned on Monday night ( to a warm welcome), for our pre- theatre dinner. My husband had the same main course as the previous night.....something he NEVER does. It was obvious that the restaurant is well thought of, as by 5.30 p.m. on the Sunday evening, it was full. Thank you everyone at the Soleto for two wonderful evenings dining with you. Just wished we had thanked the chef! well done.

1  Thank oldbird71
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Enjoyed a beautiful lunch here before the matinee. Check out the specials blackboard for fish. We had scallops and a whitebait to start which did not disappoint. Very tasty, very fresh. We had a monkfish and a hake for mains. Both beautifully presented with some decent veg on the plate too. Loved it and would definitely book again.
Lovely atmosphere, cosy decor and friendly staff. Not cheap though but worth it for a special occasion.
Some very decent meat dishes too but we were in the mood for fish that day.

1  Thank JemimaScout
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I visited Soleto with friends after watching a show and it was fantastic! The staff were attentive, the food very tasty and the chef was able to accommodate a friend who has an allergy. I would definitely visit here again!

Date of visit: October 2018