“Definnitely above average for Southampton”
Review of Ceno

Ceno
Ranked #15 of 963 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: CENO is a stylish and contemporary restaurant where the food comes first. Our aim is simple - to create innovative and delicious dishes that capture the imagination and tastebuds alike. To view our menus please visit our website.
Reviewed November 3, 2018

Its ages since I'd been here and whilst the "theme" hasn't changed, the food has improved and is really good by Southampton standards.

G&T with rosemary was excellent (although i would have preferred to add my own tonic). Swordfish was perfect: well cooked and the accompaniments were plentiful and fresh (green salsa and salad with lots of leaves. The chips could have been better - I think I got the tail end of the lunch-time batch and I would have preferred to add my own dressing.

No time for anything else. I will go again soon.

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Sotontraveller

Reviewed October 31, 2018

We had Sunday lunch at Ceno. The food was excellent quality, presentation and taste and the portions were very generous (too large for us). The staff were helpful in fitting us in at short notice and were attentive, friendly and helpful.

The restaurant is on the noisy side as there are no furnishings to absorb the sounds.

I would certainly go here again if in the area, but recommend booking in advance.

3  Thank Figures62
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

My husband, son and I had a fantastic Sunday lunch (2 courses from the Sunday menu) and it was such a lovely meal I had to write a review. Very impressed with the swordfish, cooked to perfection and the starter of wild mushroom arancini was just divine. Lorraine was a very attentive waitress and the service from everyone was fantastic. Will definitely return! A*****

3  Thank Adam G
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

We visited SOUTHAMPTON for work and came across this place by chance. The staff were lovely, the gin and tonics beforehand excellent and the meal wonderful. My sticky lamb starter was perfect and my wife’s teriyaki salmon highly rated. The wine list is small but with some good choices, including options by the glass. My Australian Shiraz Cabernet mix was really good and not expensive. Definitely worth a visit.

3  Thank drdmwalker
Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Attended Ceno for a 40th birthday party. The sticky lamb starter was amazing and the cod main was delicious and cooked to perfection. Service and quality of the good was so good we returned for lunch the next week. We enjoyed really good flatbreads, at a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2018