“They turned it around”

Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Split over two floors with balconies, a secret courtyard, a small private meeting room and a great bar, our newly refurbished restaurant is full of cosy corners and fabulous character. Now open from 8.30Am every day (9.30Am on Sundays) for breakfast, coffee & pastries, lunch, afternoon tea, drinks and dinner, there is a perfect spot for everyone. With all the exciting changes we are pleased to be able to say that you can expect the same delicious food and friendly staff as we continue to bring you simple, seasonal French fare cooked with heart, and served with real warmth.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

On Easter Sunday we went to Brasserie Blanc and on arrival very friendly staff. Took our order, forgot one of the starters and then the main course came without one of the ingredients, so not great. The manager was brilliant and really tried to rectify the situation. Overall the food was OK, but the service from the manager really helped turn it around

BB-Winchester, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear Worrall107,
Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am sorry to let you down on the food but hope you give us another opportunity in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Rob
Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Karthik and his team, especially Henry, went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, our guests were well looked after, we as Bride and Groom, relaxed, enjoyed the food and the amazing service/atmosphere - and all in all made it an amazing experience. I would wholeheartedly recommend the restaurant and particularly upstairs for a private function. Thank you again for such a memorable day.

Dear Valerie,

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience here with us. We pride ourselves on making sure that our service and food are both top standard and highly enjoyable. We are all pleased we had a part in your special day. Congratulations again,.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

First time in Winchester and the first time in a Brasserie Blanc. We are enjoying Winchester and loved Brasserie Blanc. I'm always a bit cautious about celebrity chef restaurants but this lived up to the chef's reputation. Not cheap but not unreasonable for what you get. The service was brilliant and the food wonderful. We had a nice bottle of Cotes de Rhone Villages with our meal which was sensibly priced and we will be on the look out for other rested from this chain.

Dear ian1232015,

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience here with us. We pride ourselves on making sure that our service and food are both top standard and highly enjoyable. .

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

First time visiting, won’t be rushing back. Slow and inattentive service. Starters were good, but 3 out of 4 mains were cold and one was very undercooked which we sent back.
Plenty of alternative places to eat in and around Winchester with a comparable or better dining experience.

BB-Winchester, Manager at Brasserie Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Tommy,

I am deeply saddened to hear about your visit with us. Please could you contact me directly so I can investigate into what happened.
winchester@brasserieblanc.com

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I just love the food there.
Being French myself, I feel well placed to comment on how great my food was.
I started with escargots and ended up saucing the whole garlic butter with bread.. as you do in France !
And then I had the moules frites. I chose the curry and cream one for a change and it was delicately flavoured. Of course, I sauced the whole lot away despite being full. As you can see from the 2 pics, it was all gone !
It was just great and the service was friendly and efficient . I will go back

Dear Valerie,

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience here with us. We pride ourselves on making sure that our service and food are both top standard and highly enjoyable. The escargots are very popular and loved by all that have them.