All reviews high street creaking floorboards fish cakes lovely hotel teddy bear on the bed jacuzzi and steam room small gym historic hotel old coaching inn light lunch service with a smile traditional hotel car park swimming pool old building food was lovely market town
Reviewed April 2, 2018

We have been going to The Feathers to eat for many years and have always enjoyed our visits. We have celebrated family events birthdays etc there and held the after funeral wake for my mother in law there.
We went as a family yesterday for Sunday lunch and I was very surprised at the cost. It was a set menu ,which I had not seen on the internet, instead of the usual A la carte menu. The cost was £32.50 for 3 courses with coffee extra. This was considerably more than other good places to eat in the Malvern/ Ledbury area. Over the years the bread basket has gone from one per table to bread being offered but yesterday there was no bread except with the soup. The meal was, as ever very good but service was a little slow and the food was not as hot as it could be.
I know that the Feathers has been taken over by a chain and I hope that it is not going
to change too much. I noticed that there were a number of empty tables which is not usual in Fuggles.

Room tip: Only ate there so don't know
Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2018

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over the Easter weekend, for the wedding of my niece.
We stayed in room 9 which surpassed all our expectations. The bed was large and comfortable, the bathroom spacious and there were lovely touches such as fresh water, fresh fruit and even Chocolate Easter Bunnies!
We also had a lovely view of the High Street.........as requested.

Breakfasts were very tasty and we found all of the hotels staff most obliging!

It didn’t go un-noticed how hard the staff worked at the wedding reception.......and how helpful they were even though they worked late into the night. Compliments also to the chef who provided a delicious wedding breakfast.

A massive thank you to you all.....and we look forward to returning another time.....even if just to have one of your delicious cream teas or some other refreshment.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlustgb
Reviewed March 31, 2018

We stayed one night (Friday) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had room 19 which had a high ceiling, was quite spacious with " shabby chic" furniture and was very comfortable. There was only a view of a wall but that did not detract from our stay.The bed was comfortable with good quality linen, albeit the pillows were a little soft for me. That said we both slept very well. The room including bathroom was very clean, lovely large fluffy white towels, the hairdryer (immovable in its drawer) was ok and in front of a mirror (hurrah!). The hospitality tray offered a choice of Nespresso coffees, biscuits, fruit and chocolate (lovely touch).Oh and the gorgeous George 2nd Teddy bear on the bed was sweet.
The hotel has a charm with lots of objects adorning walls, sills and other nooks and crannies. We loved the creaky floors - added character.
The bar is popular with locals and has a great ambience. Some deals for champagne. Breakfast is very good. I can recommend the Scottish kippers - beautiful.
Staff all very friendly and helpful.

We didn't dine that evening or use the spa. We looked at the gym - very small and not well equipped.
Parking, as others have said, is limited but at least it is offered and free.
Recommended.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Had an excellent lunch today at the feathers hotel ledbury
The soup was hot and tasty and the kidneys very tasty
However the service of the staff spoilt the whole ambience of the day
Will go back again in three months time
Hope the staff provide better customer service

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Having had coffee in the front lounge some years ago when I thought The Feathers was a bit down at heel, I was somewhat apprehensive when my sister suggested having lunch there.

What a transformation! The Fuggles Restaurant has lovely decor, and a fine ambience.

The menu was creative with a wide ranging offering with fish, meat and vegetarian options. I chose kidneys to start which were cooked to perfection and nicely presented. My blue, Herefordshire,sirloin steak was absolutely succulent and perfect.

Now, I think I am a connoisseur of crumble and my expectations are very high. The fruit must be cooked but not “mushy”, it should not be over sweetened and the crumble must be “crumbly” not a lump. The rhubarb and apple crumble with creme anglais was outstanding. Overall a very satisfied diner.

The rest of our group were equally satisfied with their choices.

Finally, the staff were excellent. Very attentive but never intrusive.

The transformation is terrific and was a very pleasant surprise together with a fabulous lunch.

Trip type: Travelled with family