“Cheap and very cheerful”

and 1 more site!
Salisbury Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hertford
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Just to clarify - this is an old historic building in the centre of Hertford. I'm not sure who a books hotel in the middle of a town centre and then complains about having some outside noise (see below). That seems a little crazy to me. If you want complete silence may I suggest a modern hotel with no character, or one built in the middle of nowhere. Yes, you do some some noise from the street and the rooms are a little old fashioned and a little small, however (and its a big however) this is an amazing hotel for the price. I paid less than fifty pound for my room. For that, I got a small single room with everything I could possible need - flat screen telly, free tea, coffee, biscuits etc, free wifi, toiletries, the list goes on. Add to that, breakfast is included. Cereal, fruit juices, tea, coffee and a full english - fabulous. Oh, I mustn't forget the staff, who were lovely and welcoming - thank you. They say you get what you pay for - I felt I got a bargain for what I paid. Highly recommended for people with realistic expectations.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for 1 night. The building is very oldy worldy, its charming but a little tired looking. Our room was very small. Although the room was clean the furniture was very battered looking and the bedding was not very comfortable.
The room was well equipt with flat screen TV, trouser press and tea/coffee facilities. The bathroom had a large shower but no bath.
The staff in the hotel were very helpful and freindly and the food was very good indeed. We had lunch in the bar and ordered two of their Deli platters which were excellent and very reasonably priced. The drinks however were very expensive £4.40 for a beer.
I wouldn't stay at the hotel again but if I was in Hertford I would go there to eat.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a recent visist to the UK. We have on previous occasions had drinks here and love the atmosphere of the pub and the lovely building. We decided to stay here as it is central and you can walk to all the little shops in Hertford. Unfortunately there was mix up with our reservation and instead of an executive double room we were offered the standard double; granted it was at a good rate and we were offered a free lunch to the value of 10 pounds. However, the room was a bit small and the bed really uncomfortable. It had no duvet, only a sheet and very scratchy blanket, so we did not sleep well. On both mornings when we arrived at breakfast the continental breakfast was finished (no bread or patries, no juice, no yoghurt...) and when we asked for it to be refilled they said they can't as it was finished (this an hour before breakfast service was to end! The cooked breakfast was good though. All in all we were not too impressed with the accommodation and will not stay here again but we will be back to eat and have a drink at the pub.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed here a few times while visiting family,lovely rooms,great bar and magnificent breakfast.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2012

We arrived at one to meet some friends for lunch. First time for me. Loads of different rooms with lots going on. The food was average & staff polite. A lovely little town to explore.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Staff friendly and helpful. Ideal situation right in town easy to walk around from. Rooms varied some a little tired but think they are doing them up. Stair carpet a bit worn. Breakfast choice was quite good but would have preferred chopped up fresh fruit instead of a bowl of complete fruits to pick one from. Bar prices appeared quite expensive as 8 drinks came to £40.00

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you like pints of bitter they have a good choice here but very expensive for a pint. £4.85 for a pint of bitter. Ouch!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hertford
0.1 km away
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne
5.5 km away
Fanhams Hall Hotel

Been to Salisbury Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!