2,659 results
All reviews spa break afternoon tea cocktail lounge full body massage breakfast and lunch spa facilities executive room head butler terrace bar brasserie restaurant lovely spa steam room birthday treat sandwiches my mum course dinner relaxing stay
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

I booked a little night away for me and my bf. What a lovely choice. Lovely hotel.. lovely friendly staff and the breakfast was also very nice. I will be returning very soon.. my friend is also getting married there in June :). I will deffo recommend to my friends and family x

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Sopwell house as a treat for his 40th birthday. We were married there in 2003 and hadn’t stayed there since, so I thought it would be nice.
We weren’t disappointed! We had a complimentary room upgrade, delicious ‘Happy birthday’ macarons in the room, and every member of staff who served us knew it was my husband’s birthday-excellent communication! The food and drinks were delicious too, still the high standard that we remembered.
The only downside was that the spa was very busy, so not as relaxing as we’d hoped, but with the expansion plans I’m sure that won’t be a problem in the future.
Thank you, Sopwell house, we will be back!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The start of our weekend at sopwell wasn’t great. My daughter had booked as a surprise and we were put in a very pokey room with 2 beds (our request). We weren’t expecting single beds though!
My daughter went and spoke to a lovely young lady on reception called Gisela who immediately gave her 4 stunning rooms as alternative options.
We were placed in the mews and our time at Sopwell just got better and better.
The staff were amazing as was our stay in the mews room.
The spa and treatments were also so relaxing.
All in all a fabulous stay that Gisela/Gabriella and Bart made so much nicer by their warmth and added hospitality.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lesley L
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

What a stunning hotel and the staff so friendly, I had a spa day, afternoon tea in the conservatory, the sandwiches n cakes were to die for, the spa was very relaxing and very clean, I also had a room booked and an evening meal, the room was lovely with beautiful views and everything you needed in your room, bath robes, slippers, Sky tv, Sky sports and BT sports. My evening meal was cooked to perfection and from a set menu with lots to choose from.
Breakfast there was a good selection from hot and cold but I’m afraid the cooked buffet was cold and no one offered me tea or coffee which I was told someone would but I did notice I wasn’t the only one who wasn’t offered tea or coffee, I did try to get the waiters attention but fouled, I wasn’t bother or I would of complained I just went back to my room for coffee,
I would most definitely stay here again, I had the most amazing time

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We had afternoon tea yesterday following on from time in the spa ! Lovely setting in the conservatory although a little cold .couldn't fault the afternoon tea wonderful sandwiches and scone an cakes with an Easter theme . Sandwiches were replenished which was great ... the most outstanding thing was the service provided by the lovely Alina who is an absolute credit to your hotel ... she also came along with a happy birthday plate which was wonderful ... well done Alina !!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple