“Good show”

The Marlowe Theatre
Ranked #16 of 109 things to do in Canterbury
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Marlowe is one of the UK's leading theatres. Our programme includes some of the biggest and best artists and companies, with regular visits from the National Theatre, the Royal Shakespeare Company, Glyndebourne Touring Opera, Matthew Bourne’s New Adventures and the Philharmonia Orchestra. We have three spaces to enjoy: The Marlowe Studio, is a space dedicated to new writing and creative activity that reflects the spirit of Christopher Marlowe, Canterbury’s most famous son. The Marlowe Kit, located in Stour Street, houses a performance space, an Escape Room game and an innovative exhibition on Canterbury's writers. Our theatre also offers a major programme of creative activity for the community, that has seen thousands of people involved in workshops since we opened. These activities are for a range of ages and include regular sessions run by professional practitioners on theatre practice, playwriting and dance.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Pity that the car parking is such an issue for disabled people, so few spaces, more could be provided with better planning.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)
All reviews
"tickets"
in 91 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Just awesome.

I have seen so many musicals that they can sometimes bore me now. This one, however, was up there in my top 3 ever.
It begins in 1993 with various memories of that year which was a special year in my life so they were already onto a winner. The musicians were incredibly talented and faultless. The ladies, 25 years on, are unexpected and it’s refreshing to see the choice of casting that, for me, made it more real and poignant. They made me cry.
I admit I have never seen Take That and became a fan only when they re- formed.
One of my highlights was the silhouette of the band which mirrored an album cover.
Just genius.
The theatre is modern, huge and lots of loos. Not enough seating outside the auditorium but I think that’s because of aesthetics. There is car park nearby which costs £1.50 an hour.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

we went to the carol king musicle which was brilliant we had a 3 course meal in the theatre which for the price was satisfactory

Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Lovely theatre. Staff exceptionally helpful especially as I have broken ankle. Helped to get me seated and advised where lift and services were.

Fabulous show. Well done everyone