“Recommend by friendly couple at cathedral”
Review of Micro Roastery

Micro Roastery
Ranked #3 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Canterbury
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: We are an indepndent Speciality coffee roaster and coffee house
Description: We are an indepndent Speciality coffee roaster and coffee house
Reviewed April 9, 2018

It was getting to that point, we needed a little caffeine to get us through our last spots to visit, we mentioned we were heading towards castle street to walk around the Canterbury wall back to the bus station and the couple we were talking to mentioned this coffee shop they tried in the morning. We Ordered flat whites, very good indeed was busy and so we didn’t experience much else. Would have missed it ourselves, small place, so grateful for the recommendation.

Reviewed March 3, 2018

My hubby took me here today as I fancied a really good hot chocolate and some cake. He has been previously and raves about the coffee.
Coffee may be great, certainly smells like good coffee in there but I asked to see the cup sizes before choosing which size hot choc to have. I picked the smaller one as fancied some cake too. Waited quite a while for the drinks, when they came they were in a very small cup , much smaller than shown and it was barely warm and mainly froth. I drank it in about 30 seconds for fear it would get even colder.
The cake, well we were going to share but the smallest piece of cake arrived, it even had a lump missing from one side. We sent it back, the young man apologised but the lady came over and said, well that’s a portion size. We go out for coffee/cake a lot and I work in a coffee shop and I’ve never seen or served such a minuscule slice, especially for £3.50!
As I came out of the toilet I noticed the floor was very dirty and needed a desperate sweep, again working in a coffee shop we would never let our floors get like this, however busy .
Enjoy the coffee people but that’s the only good thing going for it, shame, I really wanted to like it as I always stick with independent places .

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Lovely relaxed and inviting Coffee house. Micro Roastery allows you to relax and take time out from a busy world. A very personal service that makes you feel valued, and unlike the multi nationals the coffee is exceptional and the food is always fresh. When in Canterbury make a visit here and you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

I have had coffee here multiple times. It's a really nice, relaxed place to catch up with your friends or to sit on your own and read a book or work on your laptop. They also have one or two vegan cake options now. Would be nice to have more :) Really cute outside area.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

18 months after our last UK trip we returned to Canterbury and made straight for the flat whites. Yes. The quality is just as fine.