“Small but perfectly formed”
Review of Kitch

Kitch
Ranked #28 of 392 Restaurants in Canterbury
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Welcome to KITCH, we are open everyday for breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea, coffee and homemade cakes all day long! We make everything ourselves right here using fresh, local wherever possible, quality ingredients to make delicious food free from processed sugars, flours or nasty chemicals. We have something for everyone from vegan and dairy free options to locally smoked fish & local free range meat. We look forward to welcoming you to KITCH!
Reviewed November 8, 2018

Great food, friendly people, and even allowed our beloved (very well behaved) Labrador!
The Turmeric latte was delicious, the food all freshly made and wholesome.
Couldn't fault it - if we are back in Canterbury soon we will be sure to revisit.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 6, 2018

a group of 11 arrived on a Friday afternoon. We were able to take over the top floor. The food was so fresh, homemade and the girl who had made the pumpkin soup was obviously so passionate about her job. We all enjoyed the food and service very much. Well done to the team!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 4, 2018

I really enjoyed the food. Fresh made, open and clean kitchen. Very friendly and helpfull staff. My son enjoyed the pancake with banana and chocolate. I was surprised by the taste of the advocado toast with poached eggs and salmon. And all for a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Had some drinks and a slice of cake which is why I knocked a mark off because the cake was interesting, had a chalky after taste. Not so horrible we couldn't eat it! The chai latte and hot chocs were lovely.

Reviewed October 20, 2018

Following some research I was excited to try Kitch out for the first time having read some pretty positive reviews.
We arrived just after opening time on a chilly autumnal morning and my initial impression was that the restaurant felt really cold, certainly not helped by a back door being left wide open ( and staying wide open the whole time ).
The service was pleasant enough, albeit a little on the slow side until several additional staff arrived at around 9.30.
Having ordered a full English breakfast we were initially impressed with the look of the plate which, on the face of it, looked appetising and well presented.
However it soon became apparent that the heat in the food, which wasn't high in the first place, soon completely left the ingredients and we were left eating probably half of it cold. Not nice. The plates were stone cold.
I'm not prone to complaining so decided to soldier on and then after the bill was paid and on my way out had a quiet word with the waiter. He was polite and apologetic and explained that the kitchen was very small and that this may conspire to provide warmed plates to serve the food on. I didn't make an issue of this but felt that it was necessary once I got home to place my experience on record. Hence this review.
Hopefully the management will read about my experiences and put right a fundamental requirement to serve hot food.

2  Thank Andrew John T