“Best fillet steak I've had in a while”
Review of Il Posticino

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic regional Italian restaurant
Reviewed June 5, 2016 via mobile

First time I've been here.
Everyone seemed to like what they chose and as mentioned in the title the fillet steak was absolutely perfect!

Reviewed June 2, 2016

This restaurant was a five-minute walk from the Premier Inn I was staying at. I am so glad that I went here for dinner rather than into town for a meal at one of the chain restaurant. I went around 7 on a weekday night and I had the restaurant to myself. The main dining room is upstairs so those with mobility issues may have a problem, but there a few seats downstairs at the bar.
I was warmly greeted and the service throughout the meal was fantastic and appropriate. I enjoyed every aspect of the meal - from the small personal bottle of Prosecco to the lemoncello to finish the meal. This is as close to real Italian food that I have had outside of Italy and definitely the best Italian I have eaten in England. I started with aubergine rolls (Fagottini di melanzana ricotta e chips di pane) that were an imaginative starter and a little bit different, there were delicious and the right amount for a starter. My main of a risotto with butternut squash, taleggio cheese and amaretti was loose and tasty with al a dente cooked rice. The sweet amaretti biscuits added good flavour and texture. I didn't need the pannacotta but glad that I ordered it. I hope that others support this great restaurant. If I find myself back in Canterbury I will return. Just lovely.

Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

This place has changed from our last visit and become an Italian restaurant - we were a little wary as so many Italian restaurants now churn out boring standard fare but this place is GREAT! The pasta was fresh, the portions just right and the flavours really excellent. Four of us had great antipasto with really lovely pate, duck pappardelle and wild boar ravioli (which were amazing) and chicken with wild mushrooms. We couldn't stay for desert as we're off to the cinema but we will go back! It may be a little out of the way if you've parked near the cathedral but really well worth the trouble.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

We visited after a long drive, so we were looking forward to a nice meal and we weren't disappointed.
The bass carpaccio was delicious, and the beef fillet with pepper sauce was perfectly cooked.
For wine we chose a sicilian grillo which was very fresh, crisp and lemony. The puglian primitivo, which we had with the beef was pleasant, but not the best example of its type.
All in all, a very nice evening on a quiet night.

Reviewed June 1, 2016

I don't usually bother to write reviews but my friend and I were recommended this restaurant so gave it a go. Tucked away behind the odeon means that it's not full of the tourism and buzz of Canterbury. A treat for residents like me. We were so surprised at the quality of the food and service.

Only downside is that it is upstairs without disabled access excluding two of my friends, also that it gives a large discount to students and not residents.

However, I really recommend it .