“Dolmades just like mama makes”
Review of Zeus

Zeus
Ranked #19 of 385 Restaurants in Canterbury
Reviewed November 19, 2016

This is a fantastic greek restaurant, we have visited twice and not been disappointed. The first time we had a selection of meze dishes, none of which dissapointed, the stuffed vine leaves are the closest I have tasted outside of my Greek friends homes and the pizza bread is just the best ever, make sure you try the beetroot dip too, so tasty. The second time I had the skewers and my other half had the lamb chops, oh my gosh, they were so tender and juicy. The thing I like most about this place is the fact that they do not try and get you to buy more than you could possibly eat, they suggested we take smaller portions when we had the meze and didn't even attempt to get me to buy 3 skewers as they just knew I would not be able to manage them, great service too

5  Thank Boothebull

Reviewed November 15, 2016

This is an excellent restaurant, Nice not to have to eat 'Italian' again. Restaurant was not as full as it deserves - probably because Orange Street is off the tourist standard routes.
Service was excellent and food superb. Good mix of quantity and quality.
If you are going to Marlowe Theatre then this is really well positioned.
Deserves to succeed

5  Thank jsshaw
Reviewed November 13, 2016

We were visiting Canterbury and after a long day 'seeing the sights' needed a restaurant prior to going to the theatre. The Zeus is close to the theatre and looked inviting. The meal selections are all excellent and the portions are large. The staff are delightful, helping with our choices and looking after us generally.

6  Thank Brian_StNeots
Reviewed November 12, 2016

Having had mixed feedback from others i was looking forward to my meal. Overpriced wine & beer even for Canterbury. Had selection of dips & pitta to start that was plenty for 2 to share & a nice selection. Mains very disappointed with Stifado was unlike any i have ever had before or cooked myself. It was devoid of any taste & simply insipid - back it went. My partner had an overcooked piece of pork, greasy Greek chips & an abundance of green pepper & not much else. The staff were lovely & the venue itself nice.

3  Thank tinabaird
Reviewed November 10, 2016

Enjoyed a pre-theatre supper. Octopus to start, followed by a pasta dish, the name of which I can't remember. Food was good. Restaurant has a nice atmosphere. Even the Greek wine was pleasant! Next time we will have a selection of meze as they all looked great.

1  Thank beverleyl950