“Great food, needs some adjustments though.”
Review of Follies

Follies
Ranked #49 of 192 Restaurants in Dover
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

I visited with my wife, sister and daughters. We ordered quite a selection of pizzas and the only one we could fault was the garlic bread; too crisp and needed more garlic.

Only criticisms are as follows:

The pizza paddles :/

They are huge, considering there was 4 of us eating at the table they took up every last inch of space and we were on the biggest table in the place. I know it's quirky but it's just crazy, if we were on a smaller table we would of had issues. What's wrong with plates?

Some cream to go with the desserts wouldn't go amiss, instead I had to buy a pot of ice cream to go with my cake?

Kids pizza was same size as adult pizza? I didn't complain as I ate her leftovers but it could have been smaller and on a plate.

The venue looks great, ignore the haters, just some minor adjustments and you'll be there.

1  Thank mucho-mogo

Reviewed December 15, 2016 via mobile

I visited Follies for lunch today with some friends. We were all looking forward to trying the food as the restaurant seemed a breath of fresh air in a town which is quite frankly dying. We were advised that two pizzas and two chips were plenty between the four of us to share so that is what we ordered along with a portion of olives and garlic bread. Sadly we all left feeling quite disappointed and still hungry! I appreciate that the pizzas are freshly made on the premises to order but the base and toppings were sadly not up to the prices charged. The base has to be the thinnest I've ever tried. I know the pizzas are meant to be thin crust but it was wafer thin and lacked any flavour whatsoever. The garlic bread was also extremely thin and had no taste to it at all. Sadly I will not be rushing back, such a shame as I had high hopes.

Reviewed December 13, 2016 via mobile

I hadn't been to the Folkestone restaurants prior to the Dover one opening in what was once the 'Employment Exchange'. High-ceilinged, with chandeliers, it'almost a pity when they dim them. The furnishings are eclectic (think Drew Pritchard). The staff are very friendly...but busy. You are welcome to just have a drink, cocktails are a speciality. The pizzas are ultra thin, & must be 15"? If two are dining, I would recommend sharing one while it's hot, then doing the same with the second. Try the Italian draft beer. I believe there's a Tuesday discount offer. The oil gets everywhere, even on the bill, my only slight criticism

Reviewed December 10, 2016

Good addition to Dover town centre. Good pizzas. What lets it down is the pushy sales when ordering - chips with pizza? oh please! - being sat next to the pizza oven, the deserts - pedestrian going on bad, and that's just the ice cream. Large mirror remarked on in another review bothered us too. Sort these things out and this will be a winner.

Reviewed December 9, 2016 via mobile

After visiting Follies in Folkestone we had high expectations for the Dover restaurant and we weren't disappointed. Even though there was a lack of staff, the food and drinks came very quickly and the quality was brilliant. We would definitely return (especially on Tuesday when pizzas are £5) and we would recommend to others.